Chapter 12

[Eccedentesiast] (n.); Someone who hides pain behind a smile.

Dada loved to spend vacations at his maternal house which is located outside the urban area with no houses nearby. We all would always play outside till sunset whenever we spend our vacation and sometimes we would host a fest for friends and relatives. All of those stopped after that mega fest Dada hosted. Which was the same night when Nina was raped, after that I don't remember anyone of the family members even mentioning the house.
Disha and I once suggested spending our family vacation there but it was denied. Our fathers took us to Kashmir instead which made us forget about our plan.
" They are planning to take everything from us," Nina commented in anger making everyone in the car attentive to her.
" What do you mean?" I asked immediately.
" I saw Luv, Khush and Rohan, they were trying their best not to fall unconscious. They were talking about Vic's betrayal, and then they were listening to the conversation... Where someone was saying they will steal everything sunshinners own before and after the shifting. They started from Dada's house as it was the only property that wasn't supervised well," Nina explained making me frown.
" When you say 'they', does that mean there are other people than Jayden who wants to destroy us?" I asked looking in the rearview mirror to see Nina.
" The whole conversation wasn't clear and I think royals are involved," Nina answered.
" Of course they are... The royals are involved which means our enemies are working together," Disha growls at the end causing my spin to shiver.
" Why are considering Royals as our enemy, Disha?" Haniya questions looking offended.
" It's always been royals who helped the former council to cover up Dark Knight Pack murder until Charles found out... Some royal people don't want us to have power," Disha explained making Haniya shake her head in denial.
" I think you are overthinking this," Haniya responded and before Disha could say something, I intertwined in between by groaning,
" Let's talk about this some other day... Our focus should be on saving my brothers and Rohan,"
" We will save them after all we are one step ahead of attackers," Disha spoke with the determination to win.
" To save them, Asha has to kill someone today," Nina muttered looking at my reflection through the rearview mirror.
" Shut your mouth up," I barked at her in anger which didn't affect her at all as she smirked back at me.
" The house looks horrible," Yasmin commented as I parked the car.
The house looked unmaintained for many years as the walls painted were peeling and had greasy stains on them. The windows are broken and I could hear the people talking. They know we are here and mocking us for obeying them.
I was trying my level best not to burn this house down along with the attacker.
" Look who we have here," A feminine sound made me look to my right where I saw a woman with red hair standing next to my unconscious brothers and Rohan.
" My bad... Let me introduce myself first. I am the Alpha Jayden of Unknown Pack," The woman spoke after a silence which shocked us all.
" She is a woman," I could hear Roshini whispering dumbfounded.
" I am a man," Jayden barks making my sister laugh so hard that she was holding her stomach.
" To be a man, you should have a penis or X and Y chromosome which you don't have either of them," Nina mocks Jayden expanding her claws and slapping Rohan on his face causing paw marks on him.
Roshini and I were the ones who growl the loudest causing Alpha Jayden to be scared.
" Leave them alone and fight with us like a true Alpha," Disha spoke calmly yet her aura was fuming with rage just like her mother.
" But where is the fun in that?" Alpha Jayden spoke smirking at Disha and then continue to speak,
" Did you expect me to follow the rules? "
" Well, you didn't accept the basic science of human autonomy so we don't expect a sense of maturity from you in any way possible," Nina once again mocks Alpha Jayden who was about to attack Rohan. But a wall was formed between Alpha Jayden and Rohan. Soon three other walls were formed creating a box-like sculpture where my brothers and Rohan were saved.
This action shocked Alpha Jayden and his men as they stood with their open mouths.
" You forgot that we are sunshinners werewolves and we have powers that you don't have," Disha spoke as she smirked and then howled.
" Attack,"
After that moment, I saw everything in slow motion as Alpha Jayen and his men shifted and ran towards us. As planned, we gave them another shock when Roshini and I stopped using our light power which was manipulating our surroundings. Revealing Guru Ji and his men who were with us all along.
Guru Ji and his men were using witchcraft spells and weapons to attack. While my pack members and I shifted into our werewolf form to fight. Even though Astra was fighting, I was able to control her whenever she gave someone unnecessary wounds.
" I want to kill," Astra roars yet I stood firm with my decision.
" I will not kill anyone or let you kill, " I announced.
These attackers understood that I wasn't going to kill them so they were ganging up on me. It was getting difficult for me to fight with more than five wolves. Then a burst of fire erupted burning the wolves that were surrounding me.
" You just can't kill even if your life is at stake," Nina spoke through the mind-linked and I turn to see her. Her black fur was wet with blood looking like she took a blood bath.
I turn my attention to the attackers as I couldn't bear to see her. I never thought I would actually find Nina disgusting and scary.
The victory howling made everyone stop fighting. It was Halona who was howling and that's when the attackers started to run away. Guru Ji and his men then started to capture them while my pack members and I went towards Luv, Khush and Rohan.
They were lying unconscious and the ground was filled with their blood making me almost vomit seeing their condition. I didn't waste time and ran to Rohan who was paled while Roshini stood still far from him.
" Guru Ji," It was Disha who scream. Quickly Guru Ji and a few other men came and started to inspect the boys' injuries.
" They don't have enough time," One of the men whispered to Guru Ji.
" What the hell do you mean by that? They will not die... I saw them getting old, all three of them... They can't die," Nina growled at the end and almost jumped on the men to attack. Luckily, Haniya hold her back and started to whisper some comforting words which worked.
" If you saw them getting old then there is one explanation. That they become werewolves," Guru Ji spoke and looked at Disha who was kneeling next to Luv.
I look down at Rohan who was getting colder at the second and his heartbeats were getting difficult to hear.
The sudden tightness in my chest was causing me to breathe in difficulty. Slowly the tightness travels through my body making my whole body lose its energy. The last thing I heard was Astra roaring until I saw darkness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So who did expect Alpha Jayden to be a woman?
Just in case you don't know now that Nina is known for being annoying and hitting where it can hurt the most.
Because I don't support any hate toward anyone.