Chapter 11

[ Epiphany] (n.);  A moment when you suddenly feel that you understand or suddenly become conscious of something that is very important.

" Kajal Aunty, the food smells delicious," I commented as she lifts the tray up.
" Thank you, beta," She replied.
Jigar Uncle and Kajal Aunty invited us for lunch at their place. They wanted to give a toast for Haniya's wedding which is a norm in Asian countries. As relatives and family friends will host a meal before or after the wedding.
" Kajal and Roshini cook Rajasthani cuisine so Haniya enjoys it. Because after the wedding you may never find good authentic Rajasthani cuisine in Canada," Jigar Uncle said looking at Haniya.
" I will enjoy that you don't have to worry about it," Haniya responded then everyone got busy eating and no one spoke until Papa broke the silence.
" Jigar, what's the problem with the Malhotras?"
" I don't know but they have been interested in interrupting the business... I told Rohan to handle this matter," Jigar Uncle answered.
" That's good, but don't you think Roshini could handle it better as she knows how things work here and Rohan left India right after he got the degree?" Mohid Chacha asked after he drank some water.
" Normally, I could let Roshini handle it but it's the Malhotras and I don't want her to get involved with that family in any way," Jigar Uncle muttered making Papa and my Chachas nod.
This statement only made to think more about the Malhotras. After all, they have sun-shinner genes and could become a werewolf in the future.
" What's wrong with Malhotra? I never heard a positive say on them from you four?" Luv questioned looking at the older men.
" The problem isn't only Malhotra but their friends as well. Those friends are snakes and would bite but the Malhotra trusts them more than all," Jigar Uncle quickly replied and I could feel his emotions of betrayal and hurt.
" From what I know, they are a highly connected family and do take full advantage," Mir Chacha spoke next.
" Asha, don't worry about Malhotra. We have much bigger problems to deal with," Disha spoke at a low volume.
In the past few days, I have been seeing changes in Disha which are good. Finally, she is done mourning for Ace and has become more responsible and confident than she was.
" That Jayden guy is so hard to find. It's like he doesn't exist," I muttered as I have been trying to find him with the help of warriors and spies that were hired by the Indian Council.
" I know it's not easy and things have been getting difficult more than before. Some moon-lighter royals are trying to take the business we inherit after our Coronation. I told Nina and Haniya to look into it... Well, Haniya will look into it after her honeymoon is finished," I nodded at Disha's words.
" It's actually a good decision. From what I know Nina is dangerous to cross over relating to anything with business. And Haniya does have amazing leadership qualities," I commented and then looked at my plate as I am trying not to look in one direction.
" You were never a person to share their feeling or problems. Sometimes, sharing makes you feel free," Disha muttered making me almost laugh.
" I am an open book, Disha," I spoke.
" Yet, you won't let anyone help to lessen your burden," She spoke back.
" What are you two talking about?" Yasmin muttered who was sitting next to me.
" It's nothing," I answered.
" Yasmin, when are you going to teach at NGOs?" I asked.
" That will take time man. After the wedding, we all be busy finding Jayden and I think it will take a long time," Disha and I looked at each other after hearing Yasmin.
" Did you see something?" We asked at the same time.
" No, I can control my visions and I haven't been using it since I came from America. I am finally living freely," Yasmin spoke.
" Yaar, Vic has invited us to a party. Wanna join?" I looked at Khush who was talking to Rohan.
" Yeah," Rohan answered.
" Khush, the wedding is on the corner and there is still preparation left. You boys want to go partying at this time," Papa mumbled.
" Papa, we three will be leaving the next day after the wedding. We have to meet up with our friends before leaving and this party is basically planned for us," Luv reasons to Papa who understood as he nodded his head.
I didn't know they will be leaving the next day. When I asked about their leaving, they told me it was not finalised yet. And over time, I got busy and it skipped through my mind. So I won't be seeing Rohan after the wedding and I am sure he will come back after years. This thought made Astra growl in anger.
" Don't let him go," Astra roared giving me a headache while I pretend normal through outside.
" I told Rohan to expand his stay but he doesn't listen. After all, these boys may come back after years," Kajal Aunty complained to Seher Chachi.
" This is how it is nowadays, children are living aboard and visiting India during vacation," Seher Chachi muttered.
" That's true, children also don't have any reason to come back to India. Living aboard gives them a nice and easy lifestyle," Meher Chachi spoke next as I try to control my volume as I tend to get loud.
" Living aboard doesn't always give a nice and easy lifestyle. It's just the opportunity the other countries have to provide. Which by the way is declining as those countries are focused on providing their citizens now," I said.
" It's not always the opportunities. It's just no one wants to live in India. Anyone who has the choice to leave, they will leave in a heartbeat. After all who will live in a country filled with pollution, corruption, poor infrastructure and a crime rate that is increasing by the day," Rohan stepped into the conversation to give his opinion.
" Your hatred for India hasn't changed at all, Rohan," I commented amazed that his opinion is still the same as since he was a child.
" I am just stating the facts, Asha. You have to agree as it's true," Rohan responds smugly.
" But living in the West is expensive and one will find more hardship to survive there," I muttered refusing to accept my defeat.
"In the beginning, anyone will find difficulties but in the end, it will work out," Rohan counter-attacked making me almost roll my eyes.
" But that's not the case. People end up in jails...," Rohan interrupt me in the middle by saying,
" Ending up in jail is because of their doing. They become illegal immigrants and that's the main reason why they live in poverty in the West,"
" Don't interrupt when I am saying a point and assume it to be something else even before I would finish explaining my point," I unintentionally sounded rude making Rohan surrender mockery.
" Rohan, it's not easy to argue with Asha. She would continue to debate from morning to night without taking a break," Papa joked making people at the table laugh.
" I still remember this quality of hers, Uncle," Rohan said and smile at me making Astra howl in happiness. I quickly glance at Amma who was smiling but her glare was enough to give me a warning about the lecture, I will get once we are at home.
I was lucky enough not to be near Amma when we reach home and casually went upstairs. I could hear Amma, Papa and Nina talking in Amma and Papa's room. I am controlling myself for not going there and talking with them if I did, then Amma will give me a lecture.
" Asha, " Disha called my name before coming inside.
" Yeah," I was glad to have her as a distraction now.
" I told you about the royals that are trying to steal control of the business... The thing is that I just found out that they are actually dukes. What if they are related to the former council?" Disha's question was an out-of-the-box I took a while to understand it.
" What made you think like that?" I asked still trying to think about the possibility of her doubt.
" Ace told Dukes were also behind the murder of his pack. And the reason behind their action was us being the sunshinners. They don't want us in the first place and they have been trying to erase our kind existence even before we were shifted or born. Remember the time, when Haniya talked to the dead spirit of a vampire and you saw his memories?" I nodded to Disha who then continue to speak,
" Those people were trying to find people with sunshinner genes. What if those people were former council or who works for them? That means we may have a bigger enemy to fight in the future," Disha did have a point making me nod.
" We have to be careful," I muttered.
" I know and we don't actually know anything about the former council... We have to gather as much information on the former council and royals," Disha spoke with determination look that I was loving to see on her.
Before we could talk more, both of our phones rings with the video calls. I got a call from Luv whereas Disha got a from Khush. I don't know why but I got a sense of danger.
After answering the call, I saw my brothers and Rohan badly beaten and tied up. Disha and I growled at the screen which was followed by a laugh from the other side.
" If you want them to live then come to your grandfather's abandoned house along with your other members. Do not inform the council or take any help otherwise they won't live," The call was cut right after the robotic voice gave his demand. Even though we know it was Alpha Jayden
Disha and I looked at each other with desperation to save the boys and at the same time, we want to teach Jayden a lesson he won't forget.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What will happen to Luv, Khush and Rohan? Will the girls be able to save them?
I am having a mix feelings about introducing Alpha Jayden, do you want me to introduce him or not?