11 | You Need To Calm Down

{skye hoppers pov}

The rest of the night went about the same. We stayed as we were throughout the rest of the movie. I fell asleep on him again on the way home. And that's where I am now. Walking up my porch steps to my front door. I walk in and Vance death glares at me. 

"The hell is your problem, Blondie?" I ask, reaching for my sweater. Shit. My sweaters on the back of Bruce's bike. 

"Where the hell were you? You haven't been home since this morning!" Vance yells, getting out of the recliner he was previously sat in. 

"I was just hanging around town" I tell him. I'm technically not lying. 

"With Finney Blake?" He asks, walking closer. How the hell does he know about that? "Someone told me that you guys were hanging out at the milkshake place. Are you dating? Are you dating him? You know that he sent me to jail right?" 

"Shut the fuck up Vance!" I yell. "He didn't send you to jail. YOU hit someone. He wasn't even the one who called the police! He held the door for the cops because you were flopping around like a fish outta water" 

"Are. You. Dating. Him" He asks again. 

"No. I was hanging out with him, his little sister and Robin. He's not a bad kid" I defend. 

"You know I don't want you hanging around him!" Vance mutters under his breath. 

"You're not my fucking Dad!" I yell. "I don't give a fuck what you want me doing and not doing. You're not in charge! I just want friends besides you and Robin"  

"There's so many other people in Denver besides Finney. Could've been anyone else" Vance tells me. 

"No it couldn't be! Remember Billy? You scared him off and on his way home that day he went missing!" I yell as Vance's face drops. 

"Are you trying to tell me I'm the reason why Billy's dead?" He asks me. 

"If the boot fits" I mutter under my breath. 

Vance's expression completely changes and he turns around and walks to his room, slamming the door. 

Shit. I took it way too far.  I ran to his door. 

"Vance I'm sorry! I didn't mean it" I apologize, twisting his doorknob repeatedly. 

"Go away, Skye!" He yells. 

"Not until you open this damn door!" I yell back. 

Silence. 

"Vance?" 

Nothing. 

Fuck. 

I walk to my room, which is right across the hall from his, and close the door. 

I go sit on my bed as the emotions finally take over. Why'd I say that? 

I try to hold back the tears that are threatening to fall out. I shouldn't be the one crying. No. 

But then I remember how his face changed after I said that. The way his eyes went from a hard glare to a soft, hurt look. And how he bit his cheek in the smallest way. And I can't help it. I bury my face in my hands as I let myself cave. 

I hear a knock on my window, and my head shoots up immediately. I see a boy. Bruce Yamada. 

I stand up and quickly wipe my face with my arm, and open the window. 

"Hey, Bruce" I say, my voice is slightly shaking. 

"Hey, You left your sweater on the bike of my bike and I figured you might want it back" He says, putting the grey sweater in question over the windowsill. 

"Oh thanks" I say with a small smile. 

Bruce returns the smile until he looks at me and sees my tear stained cheeks. 

Fuck that lamp post right in front of my room. 

"Are you okay?" He asks me. 

"Yeah. Just got something in my eye" I lied. I hate lying to him but I don't want to tell him what happened. 

"We both know that's not true" He says, throwing a leg over my windowsill and climbing in. 

He walks over to me, and wraps his somewhat muscular arms around me in a hug. I put my arms around his neck. "Now tell me what happened" 

"Vance got mad at me for hanging out with Finney Blake, and it ended up in me blaming him for Billy Showalter's death. And I feel like shit" I say into his shoulder. 

"Did you try apologizing?" He asks me, pulling away slightly and looking at me. 

"Yeah. Then he locked himself in his room and won't talk to me" I say, pulling away and sitting on my bed. " I fucked up bad" 

"Yeah, that was pretty shitty" He says, sitting beside me. "But y'all will be fine, you always are" 

"Thanks Bruce" I tell him, putting my head on his shoulder. 

"No problem" He says, putting his hand over mine. " I would stay longer but my parents don't know I'm over here" 

"Okay. Bye Bruce!" I tell him as he climbs back out my window. 

"Bye, Hopper" He tells me, with a small salute. 

I lay back down on my bed. 

He's so sweet. I'm so in love