13 | Noted

{skye hoppers pov}

I walk into my English class, which is the 4th hour of school. Bruce is in this class, even though we sit on opposite sides of the room, it's nice knowing that he's there. 

I sit in my spot, which is next to Robin. The person we sit by is our partner for a while. The teacher changes it every month or so. I can't say I don't regret sitting by Robin, he sleeps through the whole class and I end up doing all the work, and giving him the answers. I'm the reason he's passing right now. 

The bell rings and the teacher starts talking. "Today we will change up the seating arrangement. We are working on a new project that I will tell you once everyone is seated. Please try to sit with someone else than you have before" 

I see a girl come up to our desk. "Robin, do you want to be partners?" She asks him. I don't remember her. 

Robin looks at me and I wiggle my eyebrows at him. "Go" I tell him. He stands up and walks with the girl to a desk. 

I'm gonna ask Bruce. I walk over to his desk, and he gives me a smile. "Yes" He says, pulling the chair beside him out for me. 

Damn. He knew what I was gonna ask. 

"Mind reader" I mumble with a laugh. 

"I heard that" He laughs, pulling out his notebook as the teacher starts talking again. 

"We're working on fake news reports. Make up a news story with your new partner and make a fictional report that would be used in a newspaper. It will be 5 paragraphs long. Due next Tuesday at the beginning of class. Begin brainstorming, and then we will continue our lesson from yesterday" The teacher informs us. 

Bruce flips to a page in his notebook and writes, News Report Ideas

"What do you think we should do?" Bruce asks me, turning his attention to me. 

"Maybe about a tornado. Like one that ran through 5 cities with mass casualties. And then we can add on things about what was broken and the repair" I suggest. 

"That'd be easy to make 5 paragraphs about" Bruce nods. 

"Do you have any ideas?" I ask the boy, tilting my head a little. 

"Not really. I was hoping you had a good idea" He laughs, putting his hands behind his back. 

"You're no better than Robin" I laugh, hitting his arm playfully. 

He groans and puts his head on the desk. "Now we have a boring lesson to listen to" He says quietly, looking at the teacher. 

"Okay class, please take notes of the lesson" The teacher says, and I grab out a sticky note. 

"Why the hell do you have a sticky note?" Bruce asks, his eyebrows furrowing together. 

"I thought you didn't want to take notes, so why not just pass notes to each other?" I ask, my voice just above a whisper. 

Bruce's face lights up with a smile, "Ooohh" 

I begin to write on the paper. 

Your house tomorrow to work on the report? 

He begins writing. 

Yess 

I'll bring pizza, I write on the small paper. 

He passes me the paper back and I see a horrible pun, Noted! Haha, see what I did there? ;)