26 | The Goodbye

{skye hoppers pov} 

Bruce and I managed to get some sleep last night. I wake up with a throbbing pain in my shoulder from the grabber. Bruce is sleeping beside me, his knees curled into his chest. I get up and walk to the bathroom and look at my reflection through the small mirror. My nose is black and blue. I gently touch it with my finger but quickly pull away at a shock of pain that shoots through it. It must be broken. 

I will try the door again. Locked. Not that I want to go back up there anyways. I notice Bruce shoot up and his eyes dart toward the door with a scared expression. His gaze softens when he realizes it was only me. 

"How can we get out of here?" Bruce asks, shaking his head. 

"We'll find a way" I assure him. "I just don't know how yet" 

Just then, the phone that was hanging above the bed began ringing. 

"The phone!" I exclaim. 

Bruce holds out a cord with scrunched eyebrows. "That's not possible" Bruce says, completely dumbfounded. 

I run to the phone anyways and pick it up, holding it to my ear. "Hello? Hello? Who's there? Can you help us?" 

"Skye?" A voice that sounds too familiar asks. 

"Who is this?" I ask. 

"Your brother" The voice responds. Vance isn't dead? 

"I thought you were-" I got cut off by him. 

"Dead? I know. I am, Skye" He tells me. "Don't worry, I fell for the door trick too" 

"Tell Yamada I don't hate him anymore" He says as tears begin to well up in my eyes. 

"Will you always be able to call me?" I ask with a shaky voice. 

"Skye..." Bruce calls out. 

I turn to look at him and see Vance sitting on the side of his bed, blood dripping down his face and ruining his long blonde curls. 

"No, Skye. This is the last time I'll talk to you" He says, the figure's mouth moves to what I hear from the phone. "You need to get out. For mom. For Robin. For me" 

"I will, Vance" I cry. 

"Goodbye, Blondie" He says. 

"Bye, Blondie" I say, hanging up the phone.