25 | False Hope

{Skye Hopper's Pov} 

tw for sa ! pls don't read if this will trigger you in any way, take care of urself <3

The basement door creaked open and our kidnapper walked inside with two trays of food. Both contain plain scrambled eggs and a soda. 

"I'll be down for your dishes in a while" The man says, his voice muffled from the mask. It was a creepy mask, though I'd seen it before. It was a Halloween mask from the store. It had interchangeable mouths to display emotions. 

The man leaves, but I don't hear the lock click back in place. I wait for the man's footsteps to echo up the stairs before turning to Bruce. 

"He didn't lock the door" I whisper to Bruce. This could be our way out. 

"Are you sure? He never forgets to lock the door" Bruce informs me. 

I get up and walk towards the door. 

"Skye! What if he's waiting outside the door?" Bruce asks frantically. 

"I heard him go up the stairs" I say, and gently wrap my fingers around the handle. I count in my head. 

1..

2..

3! I swing the door open, though I'm still making sure it doesn't make any sound. There's another door at the end of the staircase, and no sign of the Grabber. 

Bruce runs to my side, looking up at the door. 

"You think that has a lock on it too?" Bruce asks, his voice just above a whisper. 

"Only one way to find out" I shrug. This is stupid. Very stupid. But I need to get out. For my mom, for Robin, for me and Bruce. We can't die down here. 

"Skye-" Bruce calls out softly. "You can't go up there by yourself. I'm coming with you" 

"Okay, don't do anything I would do" I joked slightly. 

We tiptoe silently up the stairs, our eyes on the door. We make it to the door in 30 seconds, much slower than if we went normal speed. I silently creaked the door open. I look around for any signs of the grabber and I notice a padlocked kitchen door, a pair of shears next to it. 

I ran into the kitchen, but I regretted it immediately. Bruce followed me up, as we both stopped in our tracks, eyes wide. The Grabber was sitting on a chair, his normally smiling mask was turned into a frown. He was shirtless for some fucked up reason, and he was holding a belt. I feel my throat go dry as fear bubbles in every area of my body. 

The man stands up quickly and raises his belt, I quiver as I run away, but I'm not fast enough. He brings his belt down onto my shoulder blade with a loud Thwap! I hold my shoulder in pain as He slaps me in the face with it. I feel blood trickling onto my lips from my nose. The Grabber turns his attention towards Bruce, who was making a run for the shears. He gets hit in the side and cries out in pain. He continues bringing the belt down on him. His face, his side, his back. After one final hit to the head, Bruce stops moving. No. No. 

The Grabber turns towards me and grabs me by the back of my shirt and opens the first basement door. He drags me down the stairs, feeling every corner of a step in my spine. He throws me onto the hard cement floor and closes the door, locking it this time. 

I jump up and begin pounding and pulling on it. 

I need to get to Bruce. I need to get to Bruce. 

I sat on the bed that me and Bruce shared. I wiped my nose with my sleeve, noticing the wet, dark red mark that it left. I walk to the bathroom and look into the small mirror, pulling off the bottom of my shirt and seeing a cut on my shoulder blade. 

I hear the door fling open and a thud. I run out to the main area and see Bruce curled on the floor as the door swings shut. 

His right eye was swollen, and bruises marked his cheeks, arms, and neck. 

I wrap my arms gently around the boy, but he stands up, brushing them away. He walks with a slight limp, and for a moment I forget the pain that I'm in. He sat on the corner of the dirty mattress, burying his face into his knees as he cries. I stay on the floor, staring at him. I don't know what to say. 

I stand up and sit about a foot away from him. Without warning I feel his weight shift onto me as he wraps his arms around my torso in a tight hug, crying into my shoulders. 

I pet his hair back as he continues to cry. I'm not asking any questions. I don't want top upset him anymore. 

"H-he-" Bruce starts. "He did bad things up there, Skye. Horrible things" 

He begins to cry again and it clicks. I feel a wave of emotion, sadness, anger, and confusion. I feel sad for Bruce, for how badly he's hurting right now. And I feel angry at the Grabber for doing this to him. I feel confused because I don't know what to do about it. 

I really don't know. 

A/n 

This is a super depressing chapter yall im sorry. Literally almost cried