20 | Genetics

{Skye Hoppers Pov } 

After the assembly I continued going to my classes, even though I was offered the chance to go home. I don't want to go home right now, everything reminds me of Vance. During the 3rd hour, the hour I sit by Bruce, I went to the bathroom, which is where I'm currently sitting. 

I'm actually in a stall this time and not underneath one of the old rusting sinks. I knew that everyone was focused on the assembly when I came in before, but now everyone is back to their usual routine. Some people weren't even affected at all by the fact Vance is missing, I'm sure some were glad because they were scared of him. 

The bathroom door opens, and this time I know it's not Bruce. Bruce doesn't wear dark blue converse. Another set of feet follow the first into the room. They both stop in front of the sinks.

"Did you see Vance's sister run off during the assembly today?" One of the girls asked. What the hell?

I look down at my dark blue jeans and black sneakers. They won't notice it's me, hopefully. 

"Yeah, and how Bruce Yamada followed her? She must have got his pity or something" The other replies. Jealous much? I feel my cheeks heat up in an angry blush as my fists tighten. 

"Once this blows over Bruce will go back to hanging out with someone else besides Vance's brother. What's her name again?" 

"Skylar?" The girl questions. "No, no, just Skye" 

I unlocked the stall, my other hand still set firmly in a fist. I storm out and punch one of the girl's heads. Blood starts pouring from her nose as she cries out in pain, her other friend running out of the bathroom. 

"You keep mine, Vance's, and Bruce's names out of your fucking mouth, got it?" I ask the girl angrily, getting a scared nod from her. 

I walk back to class and sit beside Bruce, who almost immediately notices my bruised knuckles. 

"What did you do in there?" He asked with scrunched eyebrows. 

I shrug. "I guess the Hopper genetics are kicking in" 

A/N

I just started reading the Divergent series, and I'm in love