27 | Murderers

{skye hopper's pov} 

I stared at Bruce after hanging up the phone. He jumped off of the bed and ran to me, wrapping his arms around my torso. I fight the tears threatening to spill out of my eyes as I gently push Bruce off of me. 

"We need to keep digging over there" I tell him, signalling to the small hole in the floor. 

We both walked over to it and lifted the tile, revealing the hole. We began digging with our hands, tossing the dirt onto the ground beside us. 

Vance's words play on repeat in my mind. 

You have to get out. 

The door clicks and the Grabber walks in. Shit. 

"What the hell are you kids doing?" The Grabber yells, rushing towards us. 

He grabs me and hits my head against the wall before he stops as something hits the back of his head. He falls down and I see Bruce holding a floor tile, and he's panting. His eyes widen as The Grabber falls down, panting heavily. I look over at the door, which is wide open. I hold out my hand and Bruce hands me the tile. 

I lean over the man. "Please..." He pleads for his life. I'm not thinking straight. 

"You killed my brother, asshole!" I say, stabbing the tile into his eye. I stumble back and land by Bruce's feet, who looks horrified. My eyes widen as the weight of the situation hits me. 

I just killed someone.