24 | We'll Meet Again

{Skye Hopper's Pov}

I wake up to the feeling of a pair of hands, rapidly shaking my shoulders. 

"Skye! Skye!" A boy yells, still shaking my shoulders. He sounds familiar. 

My eyes blink open, and I see Bruce, a worried expression painted across his features. 

"Bruce!" I exclaim, wrapping my arms tightly around the boy. His arms find his way to my upper back in a tight hug. 

I pull back and hold his face in my hands. I connect my lips to his in a quick kiss. At the moment, I forget that I'm kidnapped. 

I open my eyes again and look around at our surroundings. The walls were orange and dark white in mold and rust. There was a small hallway, though I don't know where it led to. There was a barred window towards the top of the room, a black door that was locked from the other side, and a black telephone above the mattress that me and Bruce were laying on. 

"Where does that hallway go?" I ask Bruce. 

"It's a bathroom" He answers. "How'd he get you?" 

"I was looking for you and Vance" I say sadly. "What about you?" 

"He congratulated me on my game, then he took me" He answers. "You're the first girl he's taken" 

"I know" I nod. Shit. What about Robin? 

"I found a loose tile in the bathroom. We can try digging out" Bruce says hopefully. "We just have to watch out for him" 

"How often does he come here?" I ask. 

"Not often. He feeds us. Sometimes he talks" Bruce answers. 

Bruce lifts up the tile that's near the hallway entrance. 

"Did you ever see Vance?" I ask. 

Bruce's eyes jolt to the ground. "N-no" 

"Why'd you stutter?" I ask, suspicion lacing my tone. 

"Because I was pulling this tile up. I haven't seen Vance" Bruce answers. 

"Bruce... If you're lying to me-" I start before he blurts out with a cracking voice. "He's dead!" 

"He killed him in front of me. It was fucking horrible" Bruce whimpers, leaning against the wall. 

I didn't react at first. My eyes stayed wide. Vance is dead. I'm never going to see him again. 

I'm in the room where my brother was killed.