12 | A Day of Pinball

{Skye hoppers pov}

I can't stop thinking about last night. I took it way to far. I feel like absolute shit. Talking to Bruce definitely helped. I'm gonna apologize to him this morning. He can't stay in his room forever I guess.

As of right now, I'm sitting on my bed, waiting for him to open his door. The second I hear that door click open, I'm bursting out of here and to him. I might hug him, I haven't worked that part out. He might just push me away.

But one thing for sure, is that I wanna make it right with him. And I'm sure I will. It's like what Bruce told me last night. We always make up. Must be a sibling thing.

And finally, after about half an hour of waiting, his door clicks open. I sprout up out of bed and run over to him and hug his torso. "I'm so so sorry Vance!" I say into his chest.

He doesn't say anything for a second. He just stands there while I hug him. I honestly don't even feel him breathing.

He finally wraps his arms around me with a "You say that shit again and I ain't talking to your sorry ass for a year"

"Trust me, I won't" I say as I let go.

It worked! I'm relieved, I never wanna see that look on his face again.

"What's for breakfast?" He asks.

"Whatever you make yourself" I respond as I open the freezer.

"I think you should make waffles, you know, for last night's inconvenience" He says, putting his hands behind his head and leaning back in a chair.

"Fine" I sigh and grab the waffles out of the still open freezer.

I put 4 in the toaster, 2 for me, 2 for him.

"Skye, I'm bored" Vance says, still hasn't moved from the chair.

"Calm your happy ass down" I laugh. "I'm making your food"

I put the waffles on the plates, and drown them in syrup. You can never have too much syrup. Anyone who says otherwise can take it up with Vance.

Vance takes his plate with a smile, "Thanks Blondie!"

"Yup" I nod. "Not like you forced me into this or anything" I playfully roll my eyes at him as I take a bite of my waffles.

"Wanna go to the Grab N Go?" He asks me with a mouthful of waffle.

"Yeah sure" I reply.

We finish our waffles and get ready to go. I slide my tan boots on and my Grey sweater, the one that Bruce returned last night.

.......

We arrive at the Grab N Go and Vance runs straight to the pinball machine.

"You have a serious problem, Blondie" I laugh as he begins his game.

"It's a good problem though, pinball is great" He replies, his eyes never leaving the screen. "I'm gonna beat my high score again!"

"And I hope Finney Blake beats it, again" I laugh. Whenever I bring up Finney he always wins. The kid brings out an anger in Finney that I normally don't see. Like last night.

"Don't you dare, Blondie" Vance says, giving me a small glare before looking back at the machine.

"Don't you ever wanna play a different game? Like Pacman, or Galaxiga?" I ask. "Like a normal person"

"Pinball is better than all of those" He replies as he shoots the ball.

"HIGH SCORE" He yells, throwing his hands up above his head.

He hugs me with a smile on his face. "Bringing up Finney Blake does work" He laughs.

"That's what I've been saying" I laugh as he lets go.

"Your turn" He tells me, moving to the side of the machine.

"10$ says I'll beat your high score" I tell him with a smile.

"10$ says you wont" He counters.

"Deal" I reply, holding out my hand.

"Deal" He repeats, shaking it.

I focus on the machine. When the time is right I hit the button, shooting the ball out. High score.

"HOLY SHIT" I yell with a small jump. "10 bucks Blondie! 10 bucks!"

Vance rolls his eyes with a smile and hands me the 10 dollar bill.

"What can I say? I'm a pro" I say with a laugh.

AUTHORS NOTE

sorry for not updating yall too much this week, I've been really busy with school and homework

2nd of all, the black phone Fandom CANNOT die

I won't accept it. I'm keeping it alive until the day yall bury my coffin 🤷‍♀️