28 | Sunlight

{Skye hoppers pov}

I grab Bruce's arm and step over the grabbers body.

"Come on! We gotta get out of here!" I say as we make our way up the stairs. We run into the kitchen and out the door.

Me and Bruce stop in our tracks as we see police officers outside of the home, guns aimed.

"It's the kids!" I hear one of them yell. I see a little girl run up to Bruce and hug him. It must be Amy.

I look around for my mother. "Skye! Skye!" I hear a woman cry from the crowd. And then I see her. My mom. Her blonde hair was disheveled and she looked like she hadn't slept in days.

I hug her as tight as I can and she walks me over to the ambulance where Bruce is also sitting. I sit beside her as a policeman with brown hair questions us.

"Are the other boys inside still?" He asks.

"No sir. He uh, he killed them" I answer quietly.

"Do you know where your captor is at the moment?" The officer asks.

"He's in the basement. He's dead" Bruce answers.

"What happened in there?" He asks with a sympathetic tone.

"Can't we talk about this at the police station?" A woman I assume to be Bruce's mom asks.

"Of course, ma'am" The officer says, taking a step back from us.

My mom's arms are around me. "Was Vance in there?" She asks. A slimmer of hope was shining in her eyes that it was a different man with Vance and we would find him.

Bruce turns to my mother. "He was in there when The Grabber took me. Left before Skye got there" He explains. Mom got the hint. She broke down crying on the cracked pavement.

Bruce looks at me and mouths "the call?"

I shake my head. I can't tell her yet. Especially not in front of all these people. They'll think I'm crazy.

"It feels good to be in the sun again" Bruce says with a big smile, looking up at the vibrant sky.

A/n

Yall I am so sorry for not updating for this long. I haven't updated since February. I was going thru some things in my life but I'm feeling better now and hopefully I will stay consistent with my chapters. Love you all ❤❤❤