육 : a day as a butler

૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა         

          ૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა
          ./づᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘♡ chapter six

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

"Do you know who I am? How dare you look at me like that?" I almost gritted my teeth in front of him.

"My apologies, Your Highness." Then he threw a book to me, luckily I successfully caught it even though I already had a few on my arms. This immature brat! Patient Yi, Ren will be fine and will save from this devil. I just gave a long sigh and followed him. Seriously? What's his plan? Ren told me that he's the only one who's using this library.

"Princess Irin begged me and assured your safety in return, she will help the second prince. You must be lucky because right now, you should be in jail for putting the Crown Prince in danger."

I still wonder how Irin manages to negotiate with the queen. Whatever I do, she will not say to me. I suddenly smell a cigarette? I immediately found the second prince smoking while leaning one of the bookshelves.

"Your Highness! It's forbidden to do that here!" However the second prince just leaned forward just to blow the smoke to me which made me drop the books because it makes me cough.

"Remember your place here, you peasant." Honestly speaking, being with this person is like a punishment to me! I wanted to throw the book on him so bad. No, I must keep my cool until the end. I just organized the books again and placed them on the table. I opened the window so that the smell of the cigarette would not remain in this air-conditioned place. Then I went back to read the book he picked earlier.

We have been in the library since morning and he didn't leave the place even just to eat his lunch. In the end, I'm also starving. After some moment, we heard a knock on the door.

"Your highness, Princess Irin, wishes to see you."

"Don't let her in!" But it's too late because Irin already opened the library.

"Prince Thyme, how long do you plan to hide here! Your mentor has been waiting for you in the west garden since morning! And, what's that? Why are you smoking here!?"

"You're so noisy, get out." Prince Thyme is just chilling on the corner while holding his cigarette which makes Irin more angry.

"Within two months Thyme, a member from the Korean's Royal Family will be visiting us here! You must do your brother's duty!" It makes my whole system in shock. Irin took a quick glance with me and I mouthed “Seriously?”

"Why would I do my brother's duty?" Prince Thyme's face looks mocking her. So this is the reason why he doesn't want to go out from the Royal Library because this is the only place that is off limits to others except to the Royal Family. His hiding to his duty, "Why don't you wake him up?" He even pointed his finger on Irin's shoulder to the point Irin lost her balance.

"Princess Irin!" Good thing I was able to catch.

"Thyme—!" Before she can fight back to the second prince, the third prince also enters the library.

"Thyme, take it easy okay? Irin is our only cousin, please be kind to her." Irin gets up and fixes her dress because giving a dead glare to Prince Thyme.

"Kind? Don't be so absurd! He was born with a red horn and a red tail. MJ, talked to your brother and told him to stop acting like a child." Then she walked out but I almost flinched when Prince MJ put his hand on my shoulder.

"I didn't know you had a new assistant, Thyme, you shouldn't scare him." He shows me his warm smile but Prince Thyme just walks back to the corner.

"Thyme! You should attend your lesson starting tomorrow before Her Majesty will know about this!" Prince MJ shouted, then he winked at me before walking away. Wow, what was that for?

After Prince Thyme finally thinks of going out to his cave, he orders us to disappear on his sight because he wants to rest. That guy didn't take two of his meals today just like me. However, instead of going in the kitchen, I went straight to Irin. Ren told me that the palace may be big to find her but he told the place where you can find her, their ancestral hall.

"Oh, you're also here? You are Thyme's new assistant right?" Why now? I immediately give respect to Prince MJ.

"Y-Yes Your Highness, I'm Yi—!" I almost spilled my real name.

"Come again?"

"K-Kavin, my name is Kavin Your Highness." Where did I even get that name?

"Heads up, don't need to be too formal to me. I heard you're the one who scolded the second prince. You know what? Insulting the Royal Family is a big crime?" I was confused when he asked me to sit beside but I just followed his gesture and walked towards him then sat.

"I-I just came to Thailand, I didn't know the rules, my apologies Your Highness." It just made him smirk.

"No, the most interesting thing was that my eldest brother protected you. He never stood up like that and as much as possible, he didn't want to fight with Thyme. That's why I'm curious, what's your relationship with my brother?" What is he pertaining to?

"We're just friends, Your Highness."

"Friends? I also have a lot of friends! My friends and I do sexual things like kissing." I was taken aback by his story that made me pause for a moment but my reaction gave joy to him which made him burst into laughter. I just looked at him with a confused face. He's really a womanizer!

"I should get going now, it's fun talking to you." I just watched him disappear. That prince, he's crazy!

After that moment, I went to find Irin in the ancestral hall and Ren is right, she was kneeling in front of the thumbstones. I silently went inside and kneel beside her then give respect to her father.

"Dad, look I been wanting you to meet him in person but he's the one who came here." I smiled little.

"Irin, why are you not asking about me?"

"Your sister, Princess Gaeul set an appointment that she will come to visit Her Majesty after I saw you on the bar that night. I know you're here to ask that thing." She just ignore my question, she must be tired today.

"Thank you for everything Irin, thanks for keeping my identity hidden." I paid another respect for the late prince.

"Stay here whenever you want, I can keep you safe here Yijeong. I… I'll make sure you will not have to suffer like this."

"Irin…"

"It's Jandi again right?" She stood up and faced me.

"You already did this before, and it's because of Jandi."

"It's already late now Irin, let's go back." I headed out and was about to leave the area but she held me on my wrist.

"You're always walking away from me!"

"Princess Irin!" In the position where Irin was holding my wrist, Prince Thyme saw us. Where did he come from and why he's in this area?

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

good evening everyone,
surprise ◦꒰ ˘꒳˘ᐢ꒱⑅.*