십이 : chief's village son

૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა         

         ૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა
          ./づᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘♡ chapter twelve

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘
k

avin

“Prince Thyme, please calm down. Klaharn is only eight years old. Please understand him.” I whispered to the man next to me, who was having an eye to eye battle with a child. They both had bad blood, but only for one meeting. I can’t believe it. We’re now at our temporary house, and I took Klaharn with us.

“Khun Thyme, Khun Kavin! Let’s have dinner now!” We heard Maggie from the outside, I almost forgot that we were going to eat at the chief villager's house.

“Thyme is heading out now. Wait for a moment, Maggie!”

“What do you mean?”

“You can head out first, Prince Thyme, I need to take a bath first. I will come with Klaharn later.” I didn’t wait for his answer and told Klaharn to wait for me. I quickly took a half bath because the water here was so cold. Unlike in the palace, where there's a bathtub and warm water, there’s only a scooper for water and a big drum here. The most challenging thing here is how you can tolerate the wind that keeps blowing since the shower room here is an open area. Despite some inconveniences here, I find it more interesting to live here than in the boring, cold four walls of the Korean palace. Then, while hanging up my wet clothes, I heard something fall to the ground—the jade ring! I was planning to give this to Jandi that night. I suddenly felt a sting of pain in my chest while looking at the ring that was supposed to be on her finger right now.

“What are you doing?” I was surprised by the sudden appearance of the second prince, so I just hid the ring in my palm. Good thing, I’m already wearing my clothes.

“You've been quiet for a long time. The kid is hungry, and so am I. Hurry up.” What’s with him? I told him to go out first.

“My apologies, Your Highness. Let’s go out now.” In the end, I put the ring in one of my pockets and followed Klaharn to the village chief’s house. It's a little farther than I expected, and since it rained the last time, I have to help the second prince. But he just always rejected my kind help, so picky!

"Woah, is there a feast today?" That was the first thing I said after seeing the table with many different dishes on it.

"Don't mind it, Khun, and just sit here." Klaharn sat on his side.

“Dr. Akk, I thought you would be at school for the whole day.” He pointed to the empty chair on his other side, so I unconsciously walked and sat beside him.

"Madame Gawao is really generous, you know what, Khun, he also made a feast for me when I just came here." A man in his 40s came from the kitchen with a dish.