십 : within the island

૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა            

            ૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა
             ./づᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘♡ chapter ten

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

win

"Can you hear me?" Then I saw lightning right in my eyes.

"Do you remember your name?"

"Y-Yes. I'm Yi— Kavin, right? I'm Kavin."

"Get up, slowly." She helped me to take a seat, and then I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder.

"Where am I? Who are you?"

"The one who took care of you was Dr. Akk, and I'm nurse Maggie. However, I'm a newbie nurse here." I looked around; the only sources of light for us were the moonlight and the small lamp by my side.

"Do you remember what happened to you? Is there any pain other than in your shoulder?"

"Right, where is he? Is he okay?" I immediately stood up, and that made her flustered.

"Your wounds aren't fully healed, sir! You have to rest first!"

"I have to see him first. Please, where is he?"

"Okay, I will come with you. Thyme is waiting for a boat to arrive at the shore.  He's so stubborn, I already told him that there will be no boat that will come today."

"Thyme?" I just whispered out of confusion. Maggie helped me walk outside while clutching my injured shoulder.

"What kind of place is this?"

"Oh, this is Koh Cheeuy, an island in Thohn Province. This is a distant one from the capital, and the only transport here is a small boat, which only comes once a week, but it depends on the weather."

"What about communication?"

"That's also a problem for the residents here. Having electricity here is already hard. What more for signals. There are no antennas here on the island. Only the forest rangers have communication outside through radio." We went silent for a while, "Seriously, what happened to you guys? Where are you from?"

"We were from Phuket, crossing the sea to come here, when we came across armed pirates. They wanted to rob us both, but some people in the boat fought, so they made a few shots. That's how I got mine." Please accept my nonsense story.

"Really? Pirates? You should just take the other route, I really heard that there are pirates over there." Hearing that there is supporting evidence in my story made me sigh in disbelief. I just hope that one really happens because they will not kill us, unlike the man in the helicopter.