십삼 : his first kiss

૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა      

       ૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა
       ./づᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘♡ chapter thirteen

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

thyme

I was too hard, I was too sensitive. Why suddenly guilt is eating me up… So I decided to find Kavin. But then I heard someone laughing not far away, so I figured out who was behind this. It’s Kavin!

My mind flashes back to his furious face, and I find it hard to figure out how he is able to laugh beautifully in the midst of all this tension. Then I look on his side. It’s the doctor who’s always bugging him. What’s so great about him? He’s just useful for Kavin because he's been here for ages. Just wait and see after Kavin and I get out of here! I walked  out of the scene and went to our house. They are eyesore.

I decided to go to sleep early and fix our things. I aggressively put his pillow and blanket outside the mosquito tent, and then a picture dropped on the floor from his things. It’s him, Ren, and an unknown short person. The background of the picture seems like one of the top tourist destinations in Seoul, Korea. I didn’t know that Ren went there at this age. They are all young here in the photo. They look happy, even my brother. It looks like they've been friends ever since before Kavin worked for us.

I never hate my  brother. Even the queen and king only see me as his substitute. Ever since, I should always match my brother’s intelligence and skills, so I have to learn things that I don’t like. It suffocates me, which is why I kept my distance from them and became a troublemaker in order to make them realize that I’m neither a subject nor a replacement. Why should I replace my brother? He’s the only crown prince, he’s alive, he will come back!

That’s why I hate Kavin, I saw him too close with my brother, and he trusted him so much. Now, I know why… he’s harmless and…
I quickly put the picture back on and forced myself to fall asleep.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

kavin

"That's amazing, doc. You've even got yourself a boyfriend here. Where is he?"

"Oh, Theo is currently in the capital. He's working there, so he only comes home on his day off."

"He's working in Bangkok, so how do you guys communicate since there's no signal here?"

"Nothing, we just waited to see each other. That's why, every time he is here, we always spend the whole time together as much as possible." I smiled bitterly, I envy them. In all those years of being in a long-distance relationship, they are still together. Meanwhile, Jandi has always been with me, so how? Where did I go wrong? What did I do to make you fall out of love to the point that you cheated on me…

“Ahh” Doc. Akk just laughed at me, I didn’t see him apply the ointment to my face.

“What makes you quiet suddenly? Don’t think too much. Here, give it to Thyme also. He also has a cut on his lip.” I stared at the ointment he gave me, but he put it on my hand.

“Go and reconcile with him.” Why does he sound like we’re like Thyme and me having a love quarrel?

“Thank you, Doc. Akk.”

“Just call me Akk.”

“Okay, thank you, Akk.”

“Much better.” We smiled at each other before I bid my goodbye. He’s a thoughtful older brother.

I’m hesitating to go back home. What if Prince Thyme is really at home? Is he willing to talk to me? But then I have no choice but to settle it tonight, we're both living in this house anyway, and I still have to serve him. I took a deep breath before knocking.

"T-Thyme? Are you still up?" A moment of silence went by, so I went inside. My belongings were scattered on the floor while the second prince was sleeping peacefully in the tent. He even took one of my pillows, this greedy man!

"Your Highness, we still need to talk." I gently went to his side and tapped his shoulder.

"Your Highness, please cooperate with me." He just moves a little and makes an irritating face, then goes back to sleep.

"Second prince, please get up." I slapped his torso a little and shook him.

"Thyme!" I shook him more, but then he suddenly grabbed my collar. We both went quiet after he opened his eyes. I was caught off guard and didn't expect this situation to make my heart beat faster than usual.

"I–" However, before I broke this awkward silence, he sealed my mouth with his lips, which made my heart beat worse. Thyme!

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

sangwoo

Another day, another busy and loud person here in the bar. But I usually went here alone on the rooftop, maybe waiting for my friends to come. This bar was built to be our safe haven since two of my friends have a lot of obligations, and I want them to have a secure place where they can forget about their responsibilities for a while.

“Mr. Chu, I’m going home now. Please lock every door before you sleep.”

“I know, I know. You did well today, go home and rest.” Jihye was one of my employees and a close friend of mine. I walked with her up to the entrance of the club, but then I noticed a familiar figure. After Jihye had disappeared, he slowly showed himself to me. 

“You’re like a psychopath who’s waiting for his victim.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you, but I just want to talk with you.”

“Okay, we’re already talking right now.” He looked left and right before proceeding.

“It’s a private matter, about your friend.” Yijeong? Did he already come home?

“I’m not finished yet organizing things, so it’s still messy inside.” I guided him inside the club.

“It’s quiet and spacious. Why are you working alone? Perhaps you also sleep here?”

“So tell me, Mr. Bodyguard, how was Yijeong? Is he safe?”

“My name is Jaeyang, Mr. Sangwoo Chu.” I almost rolled my eyes. Do I care?

“But the bad news is that Princess Irin called last night, saying the crown prince is missing right now.”

“Y-Yijeong is missing?”

“Lady Jandi?” Jaeyang and I were both shocked to see Yijeong’s fiancée here. We’re doomed.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘
heey, long time no update. i've been busy with my examinations, and i am hoping for a good result now. thank you for reading. always take care 🫶🏻