십일 : laundry

૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა          

          ૮₍ ˃ ⤙ ˂ ₎ა
           ./づᡕᠵ᠊ᡃ່࡚ࠢ࠘ ⸝່ࠡࠣ᠊߯᠆ࠣ࠘ᡁࠣ࠘᠊᠊ࠢ࠘♡ chapter eleven

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

kavin

I’m eating all the compliments I gave
last time to the second prince! I was just being emotional at the time, which is why I said such things. Prince Thyme will never change. He’s still an annoying man!

“Why are you making that kind of face? Why? You can walk now, it means you should do your duty now.”

“Khun Thyme, I thought while we’re here, we should be equal. You even told me to keep it secret your identity—”

“In front of others, now shut up and wash that dirty thing.” We’re currently on the nearest river here, where the villagers also wash their clothes.

I have no choice but to obey his command while he is just playing in the water and finding a small fish. Maggie brought us a few clothes from the village chief's house, and these are the clothes I'm washing right now. That’s why we're going to visit him and show our gratitude for taking care of us. Even the whole village is friendly and generous too!

“Second prince, I’m already done. Let’s head back and clean the house.” I told him that makes him look so shocked seeing me.

“What kind of laundry did you do?” He selects one of the clothes from the basket to smell.

“Seriously?! Did you really wash it? It still stinks!” He stood up and went to the other basket, which contained the cleaning supplies.

“Did you use all the detergent?”

“Of course, why?” He makes a frustrated face.

“Tell me, Kavin, do you even know how to do this?” Never in my life did the King and Queen let me do or learn some household chores. Every day, I was told to focus only on reading materials and training as the next successor, so how can I know this kind of thing?

“My apologies, Prince Thyme.” I can only seal my lips because I can’t defend myself anymore.

“Forget about it, go back to Maggie and ask for more detergent.”

"Your wish is my command, Your Highness." I emphasized the last word, and he just smiled. He must be happy to torture me. The clinic was too far from here!

On my way, I saw a group of children—wait, there's something wrong. They are all pushing a boy.

"Excuse me, what are y'all doing?"

"Klaharn kept pestering us, Phi. Please get him away from us!" A girl with two ponytails answered me. I went to the boy's side and examined his body. Then I saw he had a scratch on his knee.

"Calm down, everyone. Did he do something that you didn't like?" Some of their guardians are slowly approaching us.

“Khun, what’s happening here?” One of the residents asked me.

“I saw them bullying the other boy, that's why I’m asking them.” They went into a silence and waited for the children’s response, then a boy with glasses answered back.

"Our mothers told us not to be close to him because he is a scary monster."

“Right! His parents abandoned him because he was a monster.” I shut my eyes and thought about how to deal with this kind of situation. Some guardians of the parents were startled by the child’s answer and said that they didn't know about it, then they dragged their child with them.

“Okay, what do you think the monster looks like?” I asked the remaining children with us.

“Scary”

“Big”

“Has fangs”

"Then everyone, look at Klaharn." I fixed his hair that covered his face and helped him to stand up from the ground.

"Does he look scary?” They shook their heads.

“Is he big or has fangs?” They shook their heads again and just looked at the ground while pouting.

“See? Klaharn is a good boy. Next time that you see him, play with him. Don’t bully him again. It’s bad to hurt other people, okay?” They nodded their heads, “What will you say to Klaharn then?” They were hesitating at first but walked towards the boy beside me.

“Sorry Klaharn.”

“Good kids.” I patted their heads and smiled at Klaharn, but he was just glaring at me.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

“I told you, Klaharn, to fight those kids who are bullying you! Look, you have another wound again.”

“Maggie, don’t say that to him. Also, I already talked to the kids. I think this will be the last time they do this to Klaharn.” After that scene, I took Klaharn to the clinic to treat the scratch on his knee. He’s so distant from me and just followed me here. He's also never responds to any of my questions.

“Maggie, where is his house? I’m walking him there.” Suddenly, Maggie pulled me in the corner.

“You know what? What I heard is Klaharn leaves his parents here. He was so tiny back then, so the chief villager took him home and fed him. However, he's still insisting on living on the cottage near the seashore where his parents left him. He's still hoping that his parents will come again for him, so the village chief just made the cottage there as his home and just brings food for him from time to time."

"Oh, that's what I heard from the other kid."

"Anyway, I have to help Doc. Akk on the school. Please look after him for a while. Also, Thyme was looking for you after he asked for some detergent. Did the two of you fight? He looks irritated."

"I forgot about him, I'll bring Klaharn with me. Thank you for treating his wounds again."  Maggie smiled at me and bid goodbye to Klaharn. I hurriedly picked a rubber band and tied Klaharan’s hair.

“Let’s go, because I’m already dead meat.”

After a few moments of walking to the riverside, I saw Prince Thyme washing the clothes with determination. I couldn't help but burst out a small giggle because he was so serious doing the laundry, and then my eyes widened when he noticed our presence.

“You still have the guts to laugh at me? How dare you laugh at me?” He then scoops the bubbles out of the detergent and prepares to throw them at me.

“My apologies, Prince Thyme. It’s not like that!” Then he’s slowly walking towards me, “Let me explain, Your Highness.”

“Stop right there, old man!” The both of us were too stunned to speak after hearing Klaharn’s scream.

“What did you just say? Old man? Me?” This is another chaos. This must be his first time someone calls him an old man. The second prince had a funny reaction.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

long time no see, i hope you did enjoy your vacation (*ฅ́˘ฅ̀*)

thanks for your support ♡♡♡