Part 1 - Toxic

It has been hours since the time you were supposed to meet with Tony. You called and texted him again and again but you got no reply. Under normal circumstances you'd think something bad has happened to him, but that would require him being a normal boyfriend. You know it's just another one of the many times that he's forgotten about your plans, the question is what the reason is this time.

Is he working?

Is he simply out with other people?

Is he just ignoring you?

You definitely can't name all the reasons he's stood you up previously but these are the main ones. The relationship hasn't been going that well, you definitely had pictured it differently in your head when you started dating. You expected a loving boyfriend, a caring boyfriend, someone who doesn't lie, who doesn't forget about you and your plans.

But instead you got a Tony who rarely puts you first, who has trust issues, probably commitment issues as well, who gets obsessed and angry easily. A Tony who doesn't even like you talking to other men privately, who doesn't see you as important as himself in this relationship. And most importantly, a Tony who can't take no as an answer.

Your doorbell ringing makes you sigh deeply, knowing that it's Tony at the door. That's what he does every time after all, disappears and then comes back like nothing happened. And you're right. Once you open the door, you see a Tony looking as sharp as ever standing in front of you.

"Hey, babe" he smiles at you.

"Hey, babe? That's really all you have to say?" you ask, annoyed.

"What else am I supposed to say? That's what people say when they see each other" he replies casually.

"How about I'm sorry for standing you up...again?" you roll your eyes.

"I'm sorry" he takes your hand and places a soft kiss on the back of it.

"I just got a little caught up with work, that's all" his excuse quickly follows his apology.

"A little!? Tony, it's been 4 hours!" you raise your voice in shock.

"You know how quickly time goes by when I'm in the lab. I wasn't planning on taking so long" he still sounds calm.

"I was calling and texting, why didn't you answer? You could've at least told me that you weren't going to show up in the near future" you sigh.

"I couldn't leave my work in the middle, but I got here as soon as I could" he squeezes both your hands in his.

"That's not a good excuse" you close your eyes in desperation.

"I didn't come empty handed" he smiles at you and makes your eyes sparkle.

You don't have to ask what he means with that. He leaves your hands and takes a step back, only to return with as many shopping bags as his hands could fit.

"Can I come in now?" he asks.

"Please" you say with excitement.

He laughs happily and walks further inside your house. He leaves the bags on the floor one by one and then pulls your body right into his. You both lean into each other with no second thoughts and taste one another's lips.

His perfectly trimmed goatee is rubbing against your soft skin. You can hear his deep breaths and feel his fingers as they slowly brush your lower back in circles, making you feel weak on your knees.

"Are you going to open those?" he asks when he spots you looking at them with anticipation.

"Yes!" you reply with excitement and heart eyes.

You open every bag carefully after running your hand over them. They all feel so good, every expensive and wanted brand in the world under your touch. You love it when he buys you stuff and surprises you like this. After all, he's not the only toxic one in this relationship.

You practically look away from everything when he spoils you with clothes, jewelry, accessories, trips. Also, when he makes public appearances with you and takes you to all the fancy events he's invited to every time. You simply love the attention and power he holds.

You love being the woman that gets to be with the man, the legend, the billionaire. It brings you a whole lot of satisfaction knowing that others would do anything to be in your place and have him by their side.

"Oh my God, are these from the new collection?" you gasp as you open a box with a new pair of heels.

"So new it hasn't even been out for the public yet" he says proudly.

"I love them" you say deeply and hug the shoes tightly.

"And this, oh my goodness! This is amazing" your happy tone as you spin around with a sparkling dress is bringing a smile to Tony's lips.

"And look at those, f*cking gorgeous" you gasp, wearing some long golden earrings on yourself.

"I love them, I love everything" words can't describe how happy you are between all the new stuff he got for you.

With his smile still written on his lips, he stands up from his seat and hugs your body from the back slowly. Your head automatically tilts to the side and he covers your neck with his soft, warm lips. He takes his time kissing you and sending shivers up and down your spine as he does so. After all, it's impossible to stay focused when he's treating your neck so nicely.

"And I love you" he says in your ear and places a soft kiss underneath it.

"I love you, too, so much" you turn around and face him with heart eyes and a huge smile.

"Actually, I was only caught up with work for 3 hours. The last hour I was out shopping these for you" he says and places a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Thank you, baby" you say and he holds you by your neck as he pulls you in for a hot kiss.

A/N

Hey guys, this is the start of my new book. Many things coming up, hope you stay for more!