Part 3 - The Only One

You were out with friends from work when the phone started ringing and Tony's face showed up on the screen.

"Traitor, your phone is ringing" one of them teases you about it.

"I'm not a traitor!" you laugh since you know he's joking.

"I know, just messing with you" he chuckles.

"Excuse me for a moment" you say and take the phone as you go to a more quiet spot.

"Hey, babe" you say with a sweet tone.

"Hey, love" his deep voice already making you feel things.

"Is that music I hear? Are you out?" he quickly asks.

"Yes, I'm with some friends. It was a last minute decision" you say.

"Friends? What kind of friends?" he sounds skeptical.

"Just some people from work. They suggested drinks and I agreed" you explain further.

"Some people from work or some friends from work? You're confusing me" he insists.

"Friends mostly" you reply.

"I see" he clears his throat.

"So, why did you call?" you try to change the subject nicely.

"I thought we had plans" he says blankly.

"No, we didn't. Not for tonight at least" you shrug.

"Are you sure? I swear I made plans with someone" he sounds like he's thinking.

"Not with me" you shake your head.

"It's fine, let's meet anyway" very confident vibes are coming from him.

"Now? I can't. I literally just told you I'm out" he sounds crazy to your ears.

"Are they more important than me? Come on" he pushes you.

"You know you're important to me, don't make me choose between my friends and you" you sigh.

"I'm not making you choose anything. I'm simply suggesting to meet. I really missed you" his voice is softer now.

"I missed you, too" you say deeply and it's true. You haven't seen him in 3 days and it feels like even more than that.

"See? This is why we should meet. We're going to have a great time, I promise" you can hear the extra charm in his voice.

"Fine" you finally give in.

"But let me have some time here first, we can still meet a little later, right?" you ask.

"Of course, babe" he agrees easily.

"Okay, I'll see you later tonight. Love you" you say happily.

"Love you, too" he says before you two hang up.

You feel so happy during your way back to the table with the rest of your friends again. And of course it's obvious by the huge smirk on your lips which everyone notices immediately.

"Someone's getting laid tonight" your friend Anne says to tease you.

"Shut up" you giggle and take a long sip from your drink.

The night kept going as usual. You were all enjoying the time together, the drinks and the music. You were still feeling the rush that you're going to meet with Tony later. Actually, you were hoping the time would come sooner but you didn't want to leave your friends yet.

After all, Tony can find a million things to do to stay preoccupied. He's late when you want him to be on time, he can cover some time by doing some of his usual work for tonight. But that's only in your imagination because in reality, Tony's plans are very different.