Part 40 - Lunch Party

After so much time of living together with Tony and after getting through your latest fight, you decided that it was finally time for you to throw a little welcome party at the house. Not like the parties Tony's used to organising, but still a party. You invited a few of your friends, Tony invited a few of his and everything was set for a good welcome party.

"Everything looks delicious" you look around the yard, where the tables are ready.

"I told you I know the best chefs" Tony replies, standing right behind you.

"Are the drinks ready?" you turn around to face him.

"I'll bring wines from my wine collection, don't worry. I've got everything covered" he reassures you.

"Is this the first time you're hosting a lunch party here?" you ask him.

"For friends, yes" he replies after thinking about it for a little bit.

"You're not going to be uncomfortable, right? You're okay with doing this" you ask for confirmation even though you talked about it before.

"Of course I am okay with this. I agreed, didn't I?" he smiles nicely.

"You want me to get to know your friends better and I really understand that and want to make it happen" he takes your hand in his and lifts it in the air to place a kiss on it.

"Thank you" you smile uncontrollably.

"Besides, I have wine, I'll be fine" he jokes.

"Don't get drunk" you kindly warn him.

"Baby, don't worry. I have all the right intentions to make you happy today" he insists nicely.

You feel the skin on your face heating up as you blush and lean into him for a sweet kiss. That's also the moment that JARVIS informs you that your first guests arrived. You and Tony walk together to the front door and face Happy and Rhodey, both smiling.

"Alice, Tony, thank you for the invitation" they say.

"Thank you for coming. Please, follow us" you reply.

They follow you all the way outside and settle their stuff on the table. The weather has been good lately and thankfully today is even better, helping you out.

"We thought we'd come a bit earlier to see if you need any help with anything" Happy says.

"I was just about to go bring the wine" Tony puts his hands in his pants' pockets, very relaxed.

"I'll help you" Rhodey offers.

"Great. Happy, stay here with Alice, we'll be back shortly" Tony continues.

"Of course" Happy shows him a smile and then Tony and Rhodey leave together.

You take a seat on the table and Happy does the same, on one of the seats opposite from yours.

"Tony tells me there are also some friends of yours joining us" Happy speaks first.

"Yes, Anne and Sebastian. You might have seen them at some events, they both work with me" you answer.

"Really?" he asks in shock.

"Yes" you nod.

"Interesting" he seems skeptical.

"You find it weird, don't you? Three people from Lewis Industries in Tony's house" you laugh.

"Honestly, I do" Happy chuckles.

"Knowing Tony's opinion about the company and the owner I wouldn't expect something like this. But I know he's doing it for you so it doesn't surprise me" he adds.