CHAPTER 3

Matteo looks at me as I open the door and sighs.
His gaze flickers to my left hand for a faint second before coming back to my face.

He looks down at my feet and then back up at me. His face turns to the other side and he lets out a breath as if annoyed. Everywhere his eyes are travelling, they're leaving a trail goosebumps and shivers.

If I was not scared of this man before, I am now. Only a little but I still am scared.

Stepping forward, his hands land on my waist making me gasp and then I'm hauled over his shoulder.

"What the fuck?" I curse, punching his back.

He doesn't say anything and walks to the end of the corridor then walks up the stairs and opens the door.

"Put. Me. Down." I warn.

He ignores me.

"I'm warning you," I try again.

He ignores me again.

I pinch his ass. Very hard.

He stops abruptly.

"Why the fuck would you do that?" He asks in disbelief, his voice dangerously low.

"Why the fuck would you haul me over your shoulder?" I ask matching his tone.

He lets out a sigh. "You're hurt. You could barely walk out of the room."

My mouth snaps shut. He hauled me over his shoulder like I'm a sack of potatoes because my feet were a little hurt? Okay they weren't just a little hurt, they were hurt a lot. I don't know what the fuck I stepped onto on that road.

Matteo moves towards an elevator and I look around. This place seems like the end to some building or the back of a building.

We enter the elevator and Matteo presses the top floor button with some digits on the electronic keypad and some kind of scan of his face.

Damn, he must be very paranoid of something. Not that I blame him for all this security.

Matteo puts me down gently and our eyes connect on the mirror that's inside the elevator.

I'm the first one to look away and my gaze settles on the number of floors there are in this building. A total for 55 and Matteo's house is on the top one.

I watch the numbers increase as we pass by each floor.

39...
40...
41...
42...
43...

I move a step back and accidentally slam into Matteo's chest.

The elevator is moving too slow and suddenly the space seems to be way small for my liking even though it's fairly large. I'm standing too close to him and I don't like that one bit.

Just as I try to take a step back, he hands land on my waist and he carries me in his arms. I let out a small yelp without intending to.

"I can walk," I frown as I look at his face.

He looks down at me for a brief second, something passing in his eyes but he doesn't say anything and looks back up.

Glancing around, I gasp softly at the stunning penthouse. It's absolutely breathtaking. Especially the one side of the penthouse with a glass looking over the entire city.

Where am I right now?

On the left side, there are two doors to what I presume are rooms. In the middle there's a black square table, Beige and grey sofa which are half the breadth of my bed, surrounding it which fluffy pillows.