CHAPTER 18

MATTEO

"She is not staying here for the pending 10 days," I declare, walking inside Arthur's study. It is dimly lit, only a lamp near documents Arthur is reading. "Or for that matter, ever again."

He glances up at me from the document. "This is her home."

I let out a bitter laugh. He wants to say more, I can see it on his face. I know he wants her away from Henry as much as possible.

"I'm taking her to Italy where the marriage will be." I proclaim, taking a seat in front of his huge oak table where all the sheets are in a mess.

The urge to kill their motherfucker of a father is high right now. I was talking to Luca about how I will be going back to New York in two days when I heard her piercing scream. Seeing her down on the concrete floor, all I could feel was the urge to kill everyone there. 

How could anyone expect me to let my angel stay in this godforsaken house where she can get hurt this bad? Fucking hell.

"Not without her consent, you are not."

I raise an eyebrow at him. "You won't try to stop me?"

He leans back in his chair, studying me. "I like to preserve my energy."

Instead of moving this topic forward, we get down to business. Everyone knows Henry is gonna die soon, somehow. He isn't a good leader. Hell he is far from anything good, the worst in the history probably.

The Irish Mafia here in Chicago lost its fear when Henry became the head. Not even a fucking dog is scared of this motherfucker. Though he has made plenty of  enemies by his stupidity.

When Arthur will become the next head, no one would dare go up against him. We all know he is smarter and stronger than his bitch of a father. 

Him and I starts to discuss the topic of AESM, the hotel branch opened by him. He wants to open one in New York, now that we have become allies, I allow him too. I never had anything against him, if anything Arthur had my respect. 

The door to the study opens. I don't know how long it has been but I'm ready to guess at least an hour. The chair next to me is pulled and Mia Byrne sits down.

The littlest Byrne. Too curious for her own good.

I had a background check done on all these Byrne siblings after the meet at the airport when the sisters had came to pick up Ella. I wonder if Ella knows what has been going on in her precious sister's life lately.

She peeks a glance at me and narrows her eyes. "Is this a bad time?" Mia questions, pointing a thumb in my direction.

The chair pushes back as I stand up and leave the study, not wanting to intrude between two sibling.

Checking my watch tells me that it's nearly mid-night right now, my angel is probably sleeping comfortably in her bed right now. But still instead of walking out of the house to go to the hotel I'm staying in, my feet move towards Ella's bedroom.

Luca stands outside the door, smoking a cigarette when his eyes land on me. His brows furrow upon seeing me. He probably thought I had went back to the hotel.

This reminds me that I need to inform him about us going to Italy sooner than expected. But that's for later, I'm here to see my angel right now, not my devil of a brother.

Sighing I take the cigarette from his hand and throw it on the floor, jabbing my foot on it. How many more times will I need to remind him to not smoke? Fucking little siblings. Never listening to us.

Luca rolls his eyes at me, not saying anything as I enter my angel's room.

The covers that are pulled over her are moves off so she can look at who entered her room. She groans and pulls the cover over her again.