CHAPTER 19

ELLA

Something hard and heavy is on top of me, that's my first thought while my eyes flutter open with a banging headache that could kill someone.

A huge weight is on me, quite literally. With all the force inside of me, I try to remove whatever it is on top of me. Fucking hell. A groan escapes me while I try to open my eyes. Goddamn. What happened last night? Why did I drink so much?

The last thing I remember is Sofia and Mia coming inside my room with bottles of vodka, lime and salt. It was after dinner, Luca was standing outside the door for supervision because Mia had told him that it's a girls night but he still couldn't leave my door.

Mia didn't drink since she needed to talk to Arthur afterwards about something. Not sure what, she didn't mention. I was the one who drank the most. They got only one bottle of vodka and I have approximately five shorts or so. Sofia had two or three, not sure. But I know that they took the bottle away from me before I could have anymore.

While leaving, they took the left over with them probably. I don't remember anything else. I don't remember anything except them coming, making me drink and... yeah I don't even remember them going now that I think of it.

Fucking hell this headache. And this fucking weight of me.

"Get off," I mumble while pushing at the weight.

Suddenly the weight seems to be off me but my eyes are still closed, not ready to start this day so soon. I try to remember what else happened yesterday but I keep thinking about my attempt at escape, shooting Henry, having dinner and then the 'girl's night.' on loop.

Fuck, I wanna go back into the darkness of sleep to escape this hell bent of a world. My eyes are tightly squeeze when the feeling of something soft touches my forehead.

Slowly I open my one eye to take a peek at what's happening and come face to face with the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen. Butterflies erupt in my stomach at the sight of Matteo.

His blond hair is a beautiful mess that I want to capture him in a picture right now to store this imagine forever. Where's Luca when someone actually needs a picture clicked? A silver chain hangs off his neck and I have an urge to pull him by the chain while the chain is between my teeth.

Both my eyes open now and they move down, all over him. His chest is on wide display, those abs looking really—what the fuck is wrong with me? I'm not gonna finish my sentence. There's a tattoo on his triceps, some letters that I can't make out since they're petty small and my glasses are not on.

Though I'm not able to move my eyes away from his abs. Holy fuck.

Somehow my senses reaches me and realisation draws to me that Matteo is fucking watching me ogling him.

My eyes snap to his, a smug smirk on his face that I wanna slap off.

"What?" I snap.

"How much did you drink last night?" He asks, no, he demands to know, the smirk no longer there.

"Don't talk, your voice is making my brain hurt." It's actually soothing, his voice, but I'm not about to tell him that.

I sit up and press my palms to both side of my head, shutting my eyes tightly. Did Matteo see my drunk yesterday? Oh my god, what if he was here when I was drunk? Fuck.

Something cold touches my lips and I flinch, opening my eyes. Matteo is looking at me with no expression whatsoever on his face. He has a glass of water in his hand that he is pressing against my lips.

"Drink," he orders.

"N—" just as I open my mouth to reply, he shoves the glass in my mouth, tilting it up and forcing me to drink the water. My glare on him remains in place while I drink the water.