CHAPTER 10

It's been almost twenty minutes and we are still stuck in traffic. I guess sometimes I forget how much traffic there can be.

After going upstairs, I quickly changed into the clothes which Matteo had kept for me which were surprisingly my size. And very comfortable. God where does he buy these comfortable clothes from?

Anyways. Afterwards when I came down, Luca was ready with his suitcase and Matteo just had his phone and a gun in his hand. Which reminded me on my gun and made me go back upstairs to get it.

That was all an hour ago and we are still in the car. We took three cars even though we all could've gotten into one.

Matteo is driving the car I'm sitting in. Luca went inside some other car because he had to go some other place first, something related to someone, I don't know, he did not give proper information but I couldn't care less anyway. And third car is full of guards in case we get an unexpected attack.

Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe three cars were needed.

I turn my head and look at my captor. He is focus on the traffic though. I study him for a while, his sharp jaw, his neck and that hand on the steering wheel. How can someone's hand look so attractive? As fast as I can, I gaze out of the window at the traffic again before Matteo catches me looking at me.

We finally start moving and make our way to the airport.

Neither of us say anything and the silence starts to get on my nerves so I move forward and turn on the radio but again, with my luck, the music blasts making me deaf for the second time today.

I look at Matteo to find him already looking at me. But as soon as I blink, his gaze is back on the road, though I can see the corners of his mouth curling.

One of my favourite songs start playing and I mummer it along with the singer, my shoulders shaking on their own with the beat of the song.

Not soon after we reach the airport but instead of being dropped off at the entrance, Matteo takes the car somewhere else.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask, concerned.

But he doesn't answer me and keeps on driving as if I haven't even said anything.

A minute later an airplane comes into my view and my brows furrow. Hold on. The car comes to a stop before it and Matteo gets out first, coming over to my side to open the door while my gaze is stuck on the airplane.

A frown forms on my face when I turn to look at him.

"Private plane?" I ask in shock.

He nods as I get out of the car. One of the guard goes over to the back of the car and gets out Matteo's suitcase which is quite similar to cabin luggage. Actually it is cabin Luggage.

He did say that he would be dropping me off but I thought to the airport, not to goddamn Chicago!

Silently, he and I walk towards the plane and I clutch my purse tightly as it has the gun in it. I can hurt Matteo with the gun and he, himself, already knows so but still he chose to give me the gun. This man is seriously something else. How could he trust me? I could kill him in his sleep for fucks sake! How could he be so careless?

Thank god for him that he trusted the right person and not the wrong one otherwise I would've killed him so fucking back.

A blue sports car comes into view and Luca gets out of it, taking out his luggage before waving at us--or rather me--and coming towards our way. We all go inside the flight together.

There are beige single sofa like seats in the plane, facing each other and bendable table between each. On the other side of the flight there are actual beige sofas with pillows on them.