CHAPTER 21

ELLA

Glancing out the window, I gaze at the trees passing by as we make our way towards the airport.

Yesterday when I was hit with the news that we would be going to Italy, I had been very confused as to why. And when Arthur asked me if I had any problem with it for some weird reason I said I do even though I didn't.

But what surprised me even more was Matteo coming after me to make sure if I really did have a problem. I still remember the feel of his hands on me, the warmth radiating off him and the fragrance of his perfume that I'm starting to like.

Shaking my head, I bring my focus back to the present and shove all the thoughts of Matteo out of my head. 

Right now Mother, Mia, Sofia, Luca and I are going to the airport. Mother is in the car behind us since she left ten minutes later while everyone else is with me in this car. Two more cars are coming with us only filled with guards in case something unexpected is to happen. 

Luca is on a call with someone and is talking in Italian from the passenger seat. That's the first time I've seen him speak Italian. Mia is sleeping with her head against the window and with every bump she keeps hitting the window. Sofia is looking at some locations in Italy she wants to visit. 

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm getting married. 

Married to one of the most feared and dangerous man on this god forsaken planet. 

How would it feel to be married, I wonder. But I guess I should stop wondering since I'm about to find out in ten days.

Ten days to organise and get everything done. Though I know I won't be alone and there would be a literal army of people to help me, it's still a lot of work. 

And on top of that Matteo isn't going to Italy with us today which means anything that would need his opinion as well as mine would need to wait. Which are half the fucking things. 

Oh my god. The stress is coming over me. 

When will the wedding invitations go out and reach everyone? What if it's not able to reach everyone and half the people miss the wedding? Oh who am I kidding? Who in their right mind would miss this wedding.

As far as I've heard from my calls of congratulations, all of them said it'll be the--and i quote-- 'wedding of century'. Why? I have no fucking clue. Honestly, people just like to over exaggerate the smallest to smallest things. 

Not that this wedding would be a small thing. 

A loud sigh leaves me.

"What's wrong?" Sofia questions from besides me. My eyes move on her and I debate whether I should tell her or let it be. 

Biting the corner of my lip, I give in. "All the wedding planning. How will everything be done in ten days?" 

Luca turns his attention over us, his brows pulling together in confusion. 

"You don't need to worry about it, the preparations have already started." He informs me. 

Some weird feeling settles over my chest. Some kind of sadness. "Oh," I whisper, glancing out the window.

"Ella?" Luca calls for me after a minute or so passes by and my eyes evert to him.

"Hm?" God why isn't this weird feeling going away? I don't even want to marry Matteo, why does it matter if I plan it or no?

"Do you want to plan the wedding?" He asks, hesitantly. 

I cross my arms over my chest. Besides me Sofia nods telling Luca i do want to plan the wedding. Sending her a glare, I reply to Luca. "No, I do not."