CHAPTER 25

ELLA 

My emotions are all over the place and no matter how hard I try to keep them intact, it's getting harder and harder. 

Sofia stands behind me while I sit on the chair in front of this huge mirror. Sofia's injury is now better, thank god and though I told her a million times that she does not need to help me with in order to get ready, she chose to do the otherwise. 

The pearl necklace drops around my neck, looking ever so beautiful. I may be the bride today but this beautiful necklace is stealing the spotlight. The hair dresser attaches the last of the pearls in my hair along with a few small flowers. 

And believe it or not, all the pearls--in my dress, hair, jewels--are real.

Mia crouches in front of me, placing the Dior heals in front. They are the bridal heels with a lace look.

After the last touchups are done, I stand up and turn to face everyone in the room. All of them stare at me in awe, even my mother. But now that I think about it, her eyes are on the pearls, not me. 

"You look magnificent." Sofia gasps.

Somehow, even through all the nerves, I manage to smile at her. 

"The veil is still not here. Did anyone try calling Bianca?" Mia asks, coming to stand beside me.

The door to the suit opens and there as if on que, Bianca walks in, her presence powerful just like that of her brothers. She sincerely smiles at me and hands over a package the veil to the hairdresser. He and two other people start to open the packet and get the job done with. 

"I apologise for being late. Hope I did not cause you any anxiety of not having the veil on time." She says.

I shake my head softly. "You did not. I knew I could count on you."

She smiles and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear. 

"This veil belonged to my mother." She informs, eyeing it. "Matteo, Luca and I discussed that you should get this. We somehow wanted our parents to be a part of it and I suppose this is one of the ways to feel their blessing."

I open and close my mouth a few times, enable to say anything. "Are you sure about this?" I lock eyes with Bianca in the mirror. She gives me a reassuring nod.

Slowly, everyone starts to leave the room one by one. A few moments later Arthur comes inside the room and freeze upon seeing me. 

He does not have to say a word and I completely understand how he is feeling. It's the same way I am feeling right now. He smiles before coming forward and taking me in a cautious hug. 

Pressing a kiss to the side of my forehead, he pats my head like I'm a little kid. Besides him, even Sofia and Mia take me in a cautious hug. Cautious because they are scared that one thing goes side way and I go all bride-zilla on them. 

"How are you feeling?" My brother asks. 

I suck in a deep breathe. "Very overwhelming."

He throws a small apologetic smile. "I know, Ellie." He looks down at his hands, enable to meet my eyes. "I am so sorry I could not do anything to stop all this." 

I get a hold of my brothers' hand and give it a small reassurance squeeze. Even though he might be ruthless and deadly with the rest of the world, he has the softest spot for us sister and only for us. I am very aware of how much he blames himself for this but he should not. It was all father's doing. No, that man cannot even be called a father. He makes me sick in my stomach now.

"Listen to me, Arthur. This is not your fault. You did not do anything--"

"I could not stop it!" He cuts me off, a little anger peaking in this voice.