CHAPTER 12

As I enter the car, everyone looks at me weird. Well everyone except Luca who is smirking at me from the passenger seat. I flip him off before turning my attention out of the window to look at Matteo, standing there watching me go.

I bite the inside of my cheek as I can't see him anymore.

My memory goes back to what happened in the plane. How he tried to wake me up and how I clung onto his hand as if it was the only thinking keeping me alive. Fuck, whats wrong me?

When he was trying to wake me up, my head was on his lap and his fingers were playing with my hair... it felt oddly nice and I did not want it to stop. He pulled me on his laps and not wanting to be away from Matteo at that moment, I placed my head on his shoulder. Heat creeps up my neck as I think about it all.

Am I having a small crush on my captor and soon to be husband? Fuck no, I cannot be.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I mentally prepare myself as look at my sweet little sisters who I know are gonna bomber me with questions but surprisingly they don't.

In fact, both, Mia and Sofia looks close to crying. There a dark circles under both their eyes indicating they haven't slept for a while.

Guilt takes over me as I think about how I slept so comfortably in Matteo's penthouse while they all were so worried about me and couldn't sleep. Fuck me.

I shake my head aggressively, few strands of hair falling out. "Nope," I warn but my voice shakes a bit. "Don't you guys dare cry."

And just as I finish the sentence, a sob breaks out of Mia, a tear drops out of Sofia's eyes and my vision starts to get blurry.

Wide-eyed Luca turns back to look at us. "Woah, I was not told to handle three crying girls."

But we all ignore him and Mia sobs harder.

"Mimi he didn't hurt me, he didn't hurt me," I try to reassure her. "In fact he even took care of me, he didn't hurt me."

But it doesn't help the crying Mia.

I wipe a tear that dropped out of Sofia's eye and reach over to hug Mia tightly. I stroke her hair softly the same way I do every time she gets a breakdown, it seems to soothe her.

"Don't cry, Mimi," I whisper softly and feel her nod against me.

A minute later she stops crying and then both Mia and Sofia looks at me. Oh fuck. Here comes the questions.. god save me.

"Why's that blondie here?" Mia asks through gritted teeth after sniffing.

"This blondie has a name, Mimi," Luca interrupts and Mia's jaw clenches at the nickname coming out of Luca's mouth.

Sofia presses her lips together in order to not smile or laugh because angry Mia is always a funny Mia.

Mia's hand goes over the passage seat and she grips Luca's collar, leaning forward, her face near his ear.

This reminds of the time I tried to hurt Matteo with the knife and he—oh my god I need to shut my mouth.

"Listen, blondie," she starts, "and listen good. I don't like you, I don't care about you and I won't hesitate in letting everyone I know kill you." She threatens him and Sofia bites back her laugh while I'm just here wide-eyed.

Luca smirks. "Letting people you know kill me huh? Knew you didn't have it in you to do the job yourself."

"Oh hell n—" Mia starts but I pull her back before she does something that she may regret later.