CHAPTER 8

It's been half an hour since I got to know that I'll be marrying Matteo Bianchi. And I'm still sitting on his lap, his one hand around my waist and with the other he's reading some document.

My head is resting on his shoulder and weirdly it feels nice. Too nice for my liking. It feels warm, comfortable and I want to stay like this. I don't want to move away but I know I will have to eventually.

His glasses are on again but my eyes are stuck on the hand that's around my waist, keeping me in place. It's freaking me out how comfortable I am right now but I'm feeling too numb at the same time.

I don't want to marry Matteo. If all those years ago, we would've became friends then I knew I was bound to eventually fall in love with him.

But right now, knowing him as the guy who kidnapped me and is one of the most deadly person in this world makes me want to go far away from him.

Yet here I am, on his lap, sitting like a little baby and all because I cried.

My gaze moves onto the clock that's sitting on his desk, it's eight thirty right now, a whole day ahead of me.

"Matteo," I call his name and he immediately keeps the document aside, turning his attention fully to me. The hand around my waist tightening.

"Yes, darling?" He asks, his eyes looking into mine like he can see through me. And maybe he can, which scares me. The hand that was holding the document is now holding my left hand, his thumb slowly rubbing the ring that's on my index finger.

"You said I'll go to back to Chicago if everything goes according to your plan. When will I go to Chicago?" I ask, not looking at him but at the glass table in front of us.

He moves a few strands of hair out of my face, softly brushing my hair with his fingers before tying them with a rubber band that was around his wrist.

Wait, is that my rubber band? How did he find it?

"I'll drop you off to Chicago in my plane today," he answers finally. "You'll be coming back in a week and we will get married a week after that."

A chill runs over me at the idea of marrying him.

"When today?"

He thinks about it for a moment before answering me. "After lunch."

I nod. "Can I get my belongings back?" I ask. "The one I had the day you captured me."

"Yes, darling. They're in my room, the closet." He answers. "Would you like me to get them for you or do you want to get them yourself?"

I hesitate before answering. I don't want to get off his lap, I want to stay like this all day.

Fuck Ella, what's going on with you?! Get off right now and go get your bag! My inner voice yells at me.

"I'll go," I blurt out fast which makes him study me for a second before he nods and I get off his lap.

I limp slightly as I make way out of his office but his voice stops me short.

"There's a tube of the cream Bianca used on you yesterday, you'll find it on my bedside table. Please apply it, Ella." He tells me but I don't reply, simply making my way towards the stairs.

There are two men here, both dressed in dark blue suits or they could be black as well. My eyesight is quite weak, have mercy.

Somehow I walk up the stairs and it takes me almost two minutes to reach Matteo's room from his office.

I open the door and a smell hits me—it's pleasant and I kind of like it—along with a view over the city and sky.

Not giving myself a second to look at the sky because I know once I'll start it'll be hard to avert my gaze from there, I go towards the door which is for the closet.