CHAPTER 4

My throat makes a weird noise that's between a laugh and someone choking.

"No," I shake my head at him in disbelief. "Nope. No. No, no, no, no, no."

"You can deny it all you want but it won't change anything," he states taking a bite of the food.

I get off the chair, and reach the window. My hands touch the cold glass, making a little fog near my hand before it disappears.

My gaze falls to the left hand on the mirror and the black ring.

We hadn't been allowed to come to New York, the Irish Mafia but of course I didn't know at that time because I've been to New York... once. And that's when I got this ring, that's when I met him and that's when I've started to search for him but never found him.

That had happened when I was eighteen. Five years ago. We had just met once, I don't know why I tried to search for him. That seems like a stalker move but I didn't care.

Maybe I'll see him again now that I'm in New York. But that's nearly impossible. Mostly because of the fucker that has kidnapped and little because of how he could be anywhere else in the world right now.

I close my eyes and press my forehead to the cold glass before turning around and going over to my seat.

Matteo eyes me cautiously. "What?" I ask enable to stop myself but he doesn't reply and only shakes his head. His eyes are still on me and it makes me feel self conscious.

Suddenly I feel uncomfortable in my own skin, the clothes clinging to my skin, making me want to rip them apart.

Matteo stands up startling me. "Follow me," he commands leaving no room for questioning or arguing.

He walks fast, where I with my feet, walk on my heels. He looks back at me to see that I haven't even crossed one-fourth of how much he had.

Coming back towards me, he lifts me in his arms again for the third time today, making me squeak.

"You need to stop carrying me in your arms." I say, my skin fully aware of where his arms are touching me. The heat coming from his body is weirdly comforting. Gosh, why does he have to be like this? Why do I have to feel like this?!

"We'll see about that," He says, his tone indicating that he would not even consider what I'm saying.

I keep looking up at him as he carries me. His jaw is so sharp, I have a sudden urge to bite it softly. I have the same urge for his Adam's apple. Out of every feature, everything, it's his eyes which stands out to me. They're brown, almost everyone have brown eyes but there is something about his that's so addicting.

It's like I've seen them before. But I just cannot pinpoint where and it's bothering me so much. The more I stare at them the more I realise that they are actually a bit amber. I may be wrong though.

But what I could not be wrong about--hell what no one could ever be wrong about was how beautifully handsome and breathtaking Matteo Bianchi is.

I won't deny to the fact that My captor does look good, I'm not one to not appreciate beauty. But that doesn't mean I have to like the person the beauty belongs to.

He looks down at me and smirks slightly, probably hearing the thoughts I'm having right now. My cheeks heat slightly and I look away.

After walking up the stairs, he enters the first room there and settles me on the bed. I let out a silent gasp when I look at the room.

Right in front of the bed are large windows. Hell the whole wall is actually a window with soft looking grey curtains. A small sofa where the front of the bed ends. One very comfortable looking chair, with a small round table and a big lamp that stands in front of the window.