CHAPTER 23

The past two and a half days in Italy have been absolutely spectacular. 

Ever since I was a kid, I always loved event planning or organising events. Whenever either of my siblings' birthday used to come, I would pick a room in the whole house and decorate it for them along with keeping various food items in the room that they loved. 

Over the years I stopped doing so and what I thought would be my career path changed entirely as well. There was no doubt in me that I would be an event planner but somehow--still have not figured out the how--I became a stylist. 

Don't get me wrong I love my job, or rather loved it since I don't have any customers at the moment and I am practically unemployed, but organising events or functions to this day feels special to me. 

Another reason why the past two and a half days have been spectacular is because I am planning my own wedding. Everything has been going smoothly and I hope to God that's how it remains. 

Choosing the venue for the wedding and reception was probably the easiest part. Yes, you heard that right. Easiest part. 

The moment I saw the estate, I knew I wanted the reception there. Though I wasn't sure if Matteo would be okay with it but Bianca assured me that he won't have any problems with it and we finalised that the wedding will be taking place in the very same church where Matteo's parents, Rosalina Bianchi and Alonzo Bianchi, got married. 

Bianca told me that this church holds a special memory for the whole family.

Aside from choosing and finalising the venue, I even designed the wedding invitations along with the graphic designer and got the very first copy framed. 

The entire second day was spent in searching for my wedding dress and the bridesmaids dress but the result was fucking worth it. But mother was along with us the entire day and to say that there were not any moments when I wanted her to leave, would be a lie.

The bridesmaids dresses are fucking stunning though. It's a midnight blue dress with spaghetti straps and is below knee length with a slit. The fabric is satin and it is quite popular at the moment as well. The back is exposed, giving the fabric a dripping look from the lower back. I absolutely loved it for them at first sight and considering how the theme is midnight blue and sage green, it perfectly suited. I asked the girls if they liked it and all of them did. 

Now my wedding dress... oh my fucking god. It's gorgeous. It's off-shoulder with lace sleeves which are of my mid-arm length, V neck and the dress itself is super long in length. But the thing that attracted me was the floral detailing on the last layer and the lace sleeves. 

After finally choosing the wedding dress, I decided to get a different dress for the reception. 

And right now, I'm in a car with Matteo, my fiancé, going for the cake tasting. Luca and Mia decided to accompany us while Sofia, with Silas, her new bodyguard, went to the designer to get her dress a bit altered. 

There are nearly ten cars with us just to go to the bakery. 

The bakery we are going to is quite popular and Mia said she saw some pretty positive reviews of it over the internet. 

"Ella," Luca calls out from the backseat. "What's your usual cake preference?"

I'm not actually much of a sweet-tooth or sweet eater. If I'm ever eating anything dessert related, it's usually something made by Mia or something from Amanda's bakery. "If I have to choose something, I guess I would go with chocolate. But if we are talking about pancakes then vanilla." I answer.

"Oh-kay," He replies. 

Silence falls over the car and I watch the buildings pass-by. Today I will try to get the cake tasting over with as soon as possible so I can go to the jeweller and choose a wedding ring. Since I don't know anything about this place, I will have to drag Luca with me.