CHAPTER 17

Well that escape plan was a big flop for sure. Fucking hell. Bloody fuck.

My left side feels like it's on heat because I can feel Matteo's gaze on me. He is on the other side, talking to Luca. Both their expressions seem to be serious. Don't ask me how I know that, I just do.

Instead of focusing on him now, I focus on my siblings but immediately wish I had not. Arthur's expression are pained and knowing its all because of me knocks the air out of my lungs.

"I'm sorry," I apologise, not being able to maintain eye contact with him.

He shakes his head. "Ellie," He says the nickname he had given me when I was born. "I'm not mad that you tried to run away. It pains me that you hadn't felt safe enough to come to me with this."

I start shaking my head. How do I tell him that the reason behind not going to him was because he has the power to convince me to stay and let him fix my problems for me like every time? Knowing how Arthur is, he probably would've killed Matteo for me.

But before I can say anything, Henry comes out of the house, angry plastered all over his face. My eyes widen and hands starts trembling. Fuck. Someone told him about my attempt at escape.

Unconsciously, I hide behind Arthur a little. But that does not do anything to stop father dearest. After knowing what Henry had planned for me before I had be captured by Matteo, I avoided every possible situation I could that would make me be even remotely near him.

A snarl is pasted on his face and it makes me fear him more. Even since childhood, Henry had bad anger issues. He did not take it upon us... only till we were seven thought. Only when Arthur was seven.

"You disgraceful little shit." He reaches in front of me and grabs me by my hair before shoving me on the floor. A shout rips out of my throat. Arthur tries to pull Henry behind as he leans down to hurt me or hit me somehow. My eyes close tightly and I try to cover myself with my hands.

But the hit never comes. My body still shakes violently. Mia, Sofia and Luca reaches for me and they pick me off the ground.

They try to take me inside the house but I'm frozen on point. Matteo is holding Henry by his throat, choking him. And all the guards point their guns at Matteo. Henry is trying to somehow loosen the grip.

Luca moves forward, a gun in each of his hand and the three Guards who were with Matteo have their guns pointed at Arthur. What is happening?

"Don't ever touch my wife again," Matteo spits. His face is filled with fury and disgust, knuckles turn while from his grip on father and father tries to reach for his gun.

"She ain't your wife, yet!"

No one notices as father gets the gun out of his waist band. His finger reaches the trigger and without thinking, I grab the gun from Luca's hand and shoot Henry's arm to stop him from pulling the trigger on Matteo. Gasps come from behind me and I know they're from both my sisters. The loud shot of the bullet leaves a piercing noise in my ear but I don't think about it right now.

Henry falls to the ground with his bleeding arm and screams on agony as Matteo retreats his hand. Two guards run towards Henry while he continue shouting and cursing. But everything feels muffled to my ears. 

Everyone looks at this direction to see who shot Henry. Their eyes are on Luca though, not me. Our guards pull the gun on him. But then Matteo's gaze land on me, his eyebrows pulled together when he seems to notice the gun in my hand. My body starts trembling badly at the realisation of what I did.

Matteo runs towards me and pulls me into a hug. That's when everyone realise that it's me who shot the bullet and not Luca. My whole body is frozen yet I'm still trembling. No one dares point their gun at me though. Our guards know what Arthur would do.