CHAPTER 9

It's finally lunch time.

Since morning, I've either been pacing around everywhere, thinking of what I can do to prevent my marriage from Matteo or staring at this gun and what Matteo had said.

I  go out of Matteo's room, keeping the gun on the table near the window overlooking the skyline of the city and make my way downstairs, making sure to be cautious.

The two guards I saw this morning were standing near the elevator and outside Matteo's office.

Instead of going to Matteo's office and asking him anything about lunch, I go straight to the kitchen and see what's available right now or what's the status of lunch.

Apparently, nothing is ready so I'm guessing either we will order from out or someone will be making lunch.

If I'd try to make something, I might burn the whole penthouse down.

Once I burned something in the microwave. In the microwave! And clear instructions were even written on top but my dumbass obviously messed that up as well.

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I think about what I should do but nothing comes to my mind. I mean, I don't know what to do. Should I just go to Matteo's office and ask him about lunch or should I just wait around for him to tell me what's the plan?

Instead of doing either of those, I go and sit on the sofa, grabbing the TV remote and figuring out how to turn this thing on.

After I finally figure it out, I go on Netflix and play How I Met Your Mother. It's my favourite show and this is one big TV so it'll be fun watching it on this.

But I regret playing it as soon as I do because the volume is on fucking full and I think I just lost the ability to hear because my ears!

Both the guards startle, their hands going on their guns as look towards me with a shock look. But what embarrass me the most is that even Matteo comes out of his office with a frown on his face.

"I'm sorry," I cringe internally as I turn down the volume. Fuck. Me.

Matteo's face softens as he glances at me and back at the TV. He stalks over to where I'm sitting and then studies what's being played on the TV before looking back at me.

"Enjoying?" He asks.

"Very," I reply with my gaze is on the TV as I refuse to make eye contact with him. Heat creeps up my cheeks and I already know they're red.

"What's the status for lunch?" I blurt out.

Even though my eyes are on the TV, I feel Matteo sit down on the sofa, next to me. Heat from his body slightly coming towards me.

"Luca's going to bring it, he's on his way. I've ordered Chinese, hope you won't mind." He informs me and I just nod.

Neither of us says anything and after a while I can feel his eyes aren't on me anymore so I peak a small glance at him and see his gaze fixed on How I Met Your Mother.

The scene where Ted meets Robin comes on and I watch his reaction but it remains blank.

I try to focus on the show but my gaze keeps on drifting back to my captor who is sitting next to me right now.

After a while I feel him lean closer towards me and my heart starts to beat faster. Traitor.

"What exactly am I watching right now?" He whisper questions and I move my head towards him.

"How I Met Your Mother," I whisper back and he nods.

"And what would that be?" He asks again after a few seconds in a whisper.