CHAPTER 22

MATTEO

Bianca stands against a black Mercedes as Leonardo and I get out of the plane and walk towards her.

It's been two days since Ella and her family arrived to Italy and two pathetic days without her for me. Even though I have stayed all these years away from her and without her, the two days after being with her had been awfully worse somehow.

On top of that, work has been a pain in my ass. That intruder would not speak a word and the smug smile on his face every time he saw someone infuriated with him would make me punch the shit out of him.

"Don't think about work so much," Bianca comments the moment I near her. She smiles at me softly and pulls back her sunglasses on her head.

"Bianca." I hug her.

These past two days I have been calling both, Luca and Bianca, every hour for an update of how things are. From what they have told me, Ella have managed things very well. She designed a new wedding invitation, changed the decorations entirely, selected her wedding dress and what fucking not.

Once when on call Luca almost revealed Ella's wedding dress to me, I almost told Bianca to shoot him.

Only eight more days before I will finally marry her.

"Come on, guys," Bianca says as she walks to the driver seat. I get into the passenger and Leo goes over to the back seat. There are three cars are in front of us and four are in the back.

The estate is about half an hour away. It's out of the city and in the countryside. It's our family estate. Back when mom and dad were alive, we all used to come to Italy and stay there. 

"Matteo, I need to tell you something." Bianca announces while she drives the car out of the airport.

By the stiffness in her shoulders I can tell I am not about to like what she is going to say.

"What happened?" My voice drops low.

She glances at me before moving her eyes back on the road.

"We found an intruder in the middle of the night. He was trying to get into Ella--"

"Why the fuck am I hearing about this now!?" I growl, cutting her off.

"Calm down, Matteo." 

"Why did you not call me the moment you found the fucker?" 

Bianca glances at me again, a nervousness in her eyes.

"I killed him." She admits. For a second everything seems confusing before I finally process what she said.

"What?" I ask in a calmer tone.

She clenches her jaw but doesn't comment anything.

Bianca does not like killing. She is an excellent fighter and she can defeat anyone in the matter of a few seconds but she does not kill until absolutely necessary.

After her first kill, she had been determined to not kill anyone until she had to in order to save herself or someone close to her. People call Bianca soft for not killing but they haven't realised how ruthless she can be when the time calls for it.

"How?" I ask.

She takes a few seconds before answering me.

"Threw my knife at his head." Her grip on the stirring wheel tightens, knuckles turning white. 

Concern takes over me. Like I said, Bianca does not like killing. She can toucher, she can show them a glimpse of death and all this is related to her first kill.

Bianca still have not told me the full story about what happened but since then, she became a knife user. Her weapon of choice switched from a gun to a knife. It is not the best weapon to use in my opinion and neither it's something I would like Bianca using but slowly she proved to me that she can handle a knife better than anyone else I know.