17. Past Trauma

Seokchon lake

Night walk

Tonight would be their last stay in Seoul. It has been over one week since they are coming to Seoul.

Vegas had promised Pete that he would take Pete to visit the beach and the ocean breeze.

So tomorrow they are going to Busan.

Pete walks under the night light in between the sakura flower, he looks like an angel that comes to rescue the soul of the devil.

An angel that ignites the light from Vegas darkness, an angel who cracks his thick wall and breaks his stone heart.

"It's beautiful," Pete speaks as he walks, looking at the moon and star shining up there.

" Yes, it is." Vegas stare at Pete's face and agreed with him.

Then Pete angles his face to stare at Vegas with a sweet smile, in this night breeze and light it could outshine the moon.

The smile that is brighter than any star. The smile that enlights Vegas mind and soul

Vegas keeps staring at Pete's face as they continue walking. 

Bang Bang Bang

Suddenly, the loud sound of gunfire rang  3 times in the row close to where they were standing, Vegas turn a deadly glare in the direction as he sees a person in all black outfits running backward the sakura tree.

A second passed by, and bodyguards in black suits ran from all directions toward their bosses as they heard the sound. 

Pete is struggling to breathe, his eye is watery, and his vision blurs as his hand covers both ears. The aftermath of the accident was traumatizing him badly. 

" Pete, Are you all right?" Vegas asks in a concerning turn.

" " Pete doesn't answer, he barely hears the question.

" Calm down and breathe," Vegas instructed gently but in vain, Pete's condition is getting worse, and he started breathing heavily as if something horrible displayed right in front of him.

" D-ad, n-no dad" Pete shouted as his eyes opened in fear.

" What happens?" Vegas 

" N-no dad," Pete cried, a thousand tears falling from his eyes as he keep shouting for his dad.

Then Pete fainted, probably from the shock or something he had seen.

Vegas holds Pete's body to refrain him from falling to the ground.

" Capture whoever is that, alive." Vegas command in a solemn deadly cold tone but his burning eyes send a shiver down his bodyguard's spine.

" Yes, boss," They all bow respectfully and distribute to their role.

He then picks Pete up and carries him bridal style toward the car, going straight to the hospital.

Hospital

Vegas is walking in the hallway with Nop reporting the situation.

" We manage to catch him, but he kills himself with poison before we can get a hand on him." Nop report in a wavering tone.

He knows that Vegas must be furious because his order was to capture whoever is that 'alive'. Instead, Vegas does not show any emotion, his face is merely blank and cold.