29. Kidnap

Pete was standing there not understanding what goes on in Vegas' head. Vegas just beg Pete to stay merely a moment ago and now he chases him away but wasn't that a good thing? Why does he feel hesitate?

"I-" Pete

"Leave." Vegas yell "Leave now Pete before I change my mind"

On the next day, Nop, Vegas' right-hand man drives Pete to port but no one knows where Pete's destination is, which was for the best.

New York City
In the night light of this megacity with many tall buildings and crowds of people hanging out everywhere. The massive room of this luxury condominium with dim party lights and faint hip-hop music and yet the owner seems unhappy.

'How is he?'

'He only focuses on business, this day he rarely eats. I think you need to come' the other end of the phone

'Hmm, I will be there tomorrow. Don't tell him that I go'

'Yes, young master'

The called end

He put the phone down and turn his head toward his bodyguard as he spoke "Book me a flight to Bangkok tonight"

"Yes, Khun Macau" the bodyguard

Macau Kornwit Teerapanyakul, the youngest son of the Teerapanyakul, has been living and studying abroad for 8 years. Macau got news from Nop that since Pete left, this six months Vegas turn insane, he got mad at the slightest offense and kill without hesitation.

Teerapanyakul Mansion
Macau arrived in Bangkok the next day in the evening. He is walking toward Vegas' room, he hardly believes that Pete had made Vegas become like this. He knew his brother well that he never had as much to tangle in any serious relationship and especially not love.

He open the door knob and when inside, Vegas' room was murky and dark, he didn't even open the light. Macau was greeted by the sight of Vegas sitting on the floor, his back to bed, Baltique vodka in one hand and the other holding a picture of a certain person, he can't let go but let him go.

"How can you become like this?" Macau asks, his tone soft

Vegas seems familiar with the voice, he looks up to see Macau enter the room without him noticing

"What are you doing here? Leave" Vegas said uninterest in this person's presence

"Hoh that was harsh. Your brother just arrive and you chase me away already?" Macau joke while Vegas was not in a mood

Macau when sits beside his brother and takes a bottle of vodka and gives it a gulp, he stares at Pete's photo in Vegas' hand "Is it because of that person?"

"..." Vegas

Macau takes that as a yes, he already knows. He continues "If you can't let him go, why don't you make him stay? Being like this, it is not you at all"

Vegas chuckle darkly "How can I make him stay when he hates me that much?"

"Then how about you?" Macau

"What about me?" Vegas

"Do you love him?" Macau

With that unexpected question, Vegas when silent.

"Maybe" Vegas chuckled "Does that matter now?"

"Even if it is too late still it important that you realize your own heart" Macau