Chapter - 12 Assassination

Following the events occurred in the daytime, Adonis went to her bedroom thinking about the banquet ball happening tomorrow.

Why does it feel like, I am missing an important event? It feels like, this event occurred in the game as well and something will happen in the ball but why can't I remember it??

After racking the gears in her brain and feels like reaching a dead end, Adonis hits her head on the pillow suddenly remembering the events which will take place tomorrow. 

I remember while playing the crown prince route he mentions to the heroine that when he was a kid, during the banquet ball, assassins sent by the concubine came in trying to kill both of the crown prince and princess but the princess comes in between and take the knife blow directed towards him causing her to die.

After the death of a very young royal family member, a thorough investigation is conducted by the command of the emperor where the concubine will be found out to be responsible and executed but the events will leave a deep trauma on the crown prince.

How can I forget this event which is a turning point for the change in crown prince behaviour due to the trauma of losing her younger sister? I have to prepare and prevent the young princess from dying while saving both the crown prince and the princess. I have to be extra cautious and careful to look out for anything which seems out of order.

After preparing a plan to be executed in tomorrow's banquet, Adonis sighed in relief and thankful for remembering the events of the game while hitting for bedtime calling it a day.

Next morning, maids comes in to wake Adonis to get her ready for the banquet. Adonis groaned and said groggily, "The banquet doesn't even start till afternoon, let me sleep some more."

Milady, it's very late since we need to give you a massage, a lavish fragrance bath, style you up with hairstyles, choose you your outfit, necklaces, footwear and finally doll you up. We have very less time and lots of things to do.

Let's start with washing you up. After hours and hours of torture on my body in the name of massage, body treatment, scalp treatment and what not, we are now in the middle of the outfit selection. But thanks to these treatments and their hard work, my body shines radiantly while my hairs are super silky and smooth.

Luckily, before it gets more delayed, mother came in to my room to give me an outfit which she bought for today's event.

Thankful to my mother saving the day of me having to choose an outfit selected by my maids and not hurting their feelings. As soon as the dress was received , the maids started dressing me up with the beautiful knee length white dress with light pinkish pearls on it around the neck and waist designed in an off shoulder dress with long slitted sleeves giving it a royal and elegant look to the wearer.

As for the final touch, it was finished by the pure white colored pearl jewellery necklace along with white and sky blue combination of hairpieces for my hairs to be styled in a neat bun with few strings of hairs on each side of the face finishing the outer appearance look by the matching pearl white heels.

After the dressing, next comes the makeup which was very naturally applied on my face bringing out the best facial features of my face finishing the look with a reddish pink lipstick.

Once done, I looked in the mirror and noticed how pretty they had made me turn out. I thanked the maids for all their handy work on me and working so hard and early for me. By the time we were finished, it was almost time to board the carriage for palace.

I went out to look for mother, father and Winy. Mother and father exited from their room looking beautiful. I was mesmerized by my mothers beauty while my fathers handsomeness level was on par with my mother.