Chapter 29 - What the...

Lucas: " It's fine. Promise us that you will be a family for the baby dragons here. That's all I need from you to repay that debt. "

Adonis: " I promise to be a proper and genuine family to him. " She realized something and asked, " What do you mean by baby dragons? It's just Zane, right? "

Lucas looked at Zane and explained, " Apparantly, Zane has a twin brother but he could not come out and was trapped in Zane's body until Crown Prince Zavier bumped into me. That's when Blaze was able to get separated from him and he formed a contract with Crown Prince Zavier. By being a good parent and family to them, I meant being a good role model and a parent figure to both Blaze and Zane. "

Adonis: " Oh, I see. Wait, what now? " She was so shocked that she blurted out, " You mean I become mother to both Zane and Blaze while they treat you and Zay as a father? What the hell?? What does that make me? "

Before Adonis could burst into any more angerness, Crown Prince Zavier and Lucas both looked at each other baffled and laughed their hearts out while holding their stomachs.

Looking at them laughing, Adonis thought that, Lucas has a very beautiful smile. He looks more handsome when he smiles. He should smile more often that soften his facial features alot making him look approachable than his icy cold face which makes people want to keep their distance. I wonder what exactly happened for him to be so cold towards people.

Zay then replied, " Calm down Dona. It's not like you are their literal mother. It's just that you have to treat them as a mother and guide them accordingly since these cuties are just babies who need our guidance. We can teach them but judging from how Zane was bawling his eyes out when you didn't recognize him, I hope you understand the dire situation we are in here. "

Adonis looked at both Zane and Blaze, she smiled softly and pat their head together while hugging both of them in her arms. She softly said to them, " Come here my babies, mommy will surely protect you and teach you to be righteous in your life. "

Both Blaze and Zane smiled at Adonis and said in unison, " Thank you Mommy. We have been waiting for you for so long. Finally our wish came true. "

Zay looked at both Blaze and Zane and said, " Now!! Now!! Let's not get carried away yet. Let's give Dona a bit space and let her relax as well. We don't want to burden her yet now, do we? "

Blaze and Zane agreed with Crown Prince Zavier, " They both nodded their head at him " Looked towards Adonis and said, " Mommy, don't forget us now. Please do remember us. We will be heartbroken if you forget us. "

Dona said, " Don't worry my baby cuties, I won't forget you ever. I am sorry for not remembering you earlier. "

Blaze and Zane laughed cheerfully at Dona and said, " That's good to know mommy. We will now bid our farewell to you. I see that you are a bit busy with the Academy and we want to give you some time to chat with our father as well. See you later mommy. "

Dona said her farewell to the baby dragons and genuinely smiled at them. Just as they were debating on what to talk with each other, the rest of the crew members started to join in with them and saved the trouble of being awkward with each other.

Lucas saw that the rest of Adonis friends were starting to come over and join in. So, he took the liberty to leave them be together with her and looked at Adonis and Crown Prince Zavier and said, " It seems like your friends are here. I will take my leave now. "

Adonis looked at Lucas and before thinking twice, she blurted out, " Please wait, I want to sincerely thank you for taking care of me time and time again. I didn't know about the first time you save me but I haven't thanked you properly yet. "

Before she could say anymore, Asher came in and said, " What are you guys talking about? "

Dona gave a blank look to Asher and said, " Dude you have a very terrible timing. I was thanking Tower Mage Lucas for helping me the other day during the cermony. "

Asher looked at Dona and said, " Now that you mentioned it, you are right. We never thanked him properly for helping you out. "

Asher looked at Tower mage Lucas and sincerely smiled and said, " Thank you so much for helping Dona that day. "

While Asher was still thanking, Cassius and Princess Elizabeth came in and looked at Asher. Liz looked at Ash and asked him, " What are you talking about? "

Asher looked at Liz and replied playfully, " I was thanking the tower mage for helping Dona out during the magical attribute testing that day. "

Liz looked at Asher and replied in sarcasm, " Wow! I didn't know that you know basic mannerisms!! I am glad to know that. "

Asher looked weirdly at Liz and said, " Why would you think that I don't know anything basic? "

Liz replied, " Do I have to remind you on how you behave on a regular basis which is not at all relevant to the nobles around? I mean you should learn from your twin brother Cassius a bit. "

Listening his name, Cass looked up at Liz and said, " I am thankful for the praise you shower me Liz but Ash is also quite a gentleman. Please don't judge him based on his usual self. "

Liz said to Cassius, " Oh my my, I will try to do that Cass. "

Winston and Hazel showed up a minute later and asked Liz, " What will you try to do Liz? "

Liz smiled at Winy and said, " Umm, it's just me trying to not judge Ash here. "

" Anyway, tower mage Lucas, I would like to sincerely appreciate you helping to my dearest friend Dona during the ceremony for the attribute testing. "

Followed by Liz, Winy and Cass also thanked him sincerely one by one saying there gratitude for helping Dona.

Lucas looked at everyone and said, " You don't have to thank me. I just did what I think was right at that moment. Now if you will excuse me. "

Adonis grabbed Lucas hands and said, " How about you join in on us together. I mean it's time for the supper and I am pretty sure you are heading towards the cafeteria as well. So, let's all head there together. "

Lucas was speechless for a minute before he could respond back, " Adonis has already grabbed his hands and was dragging him towards the cafeteria and said to the gang, let's all go eat our dinner and discuss about what we explored in the Academy. "

Cassius and Winston looked with piercing eyes where Dona was holding and dragging tower mage Lucas's hand.

What they didn't know was that faraway, there was someone who was looking at this group and had a meaningful smile on his face who was observing them very carefully for a long time now.