Chapter - 16 Baby Dragon - Zane

As soon as the contract was finished, Adonis felt the effects from the poison earlier in her body was starting to wear out and get used to it miraculously. Once the ritual was finished, Adonis looked at Akhlys who was in the human form and asked him regarding the tattoo on why it has a sword in it? Are you able to transform yourself into human form whenever you want?

Akhlys replied by saying it's because you are already poisoned while we formed the contract. The healing of your body or to get used to the poison will take some time or it might have already started taking effects but eventually you will collapsed and once you do, your body will be immune to all kinds of poison.

Once the procedure starts taking place and your soul returns to your collapsed body, the power of your familiar - felicity will start circulating in your body which will heal you completely. At this moment, as we speak, I am already sharing some of my powers to Felicity's to help him become more stable and save you in return.

Akhlys then glanced at the baby dragon who was standing near Adonis feet waiting for him to be picked up by her. Akhlys laughed a bit saying that the dragon seems to like her a lot and will not allow anyone to form a bond with him until they are of the same caliber or possess same skills/magical level as you.

Adonis looked confusingly at the words of Akhlys and hold the baby dragon in her arms patting the head saying be a good boy. Allow others who are capable of becoming your familiar a chance until then, I won't abandon you and will also play a role of your mother till we find either your parents or your familiar.

Hearing Adonis words, the baby dragon whined a bit but accepted the proposal of Adonis eventually. All of a sudden, as if the strong wind blew her soul off, she started to fade away a bit and started to feel something wrong within her.

Before she could process on what was happening to her or what was wrong with her, the soul form she was in started to sway a bit. Seeing this, Akhlys immediately took hold of baby dragon and stabilized Adonis a bit asking her to instantly guide them towards where the felicity is. It seems like the familiar of yours has reached it's limit causing you to sway back and forth and fade.

Adonis informed Akhlys of the whereabouts of felicity providing him the information that Felicity is in the kingdom of Benedict. Hearing this, Akhlys immediately teleported the entire group including the baby dragon, Adonis and himself to the kingdom of Benedict.

As soon as they reached there, Adonis saw that felicity was in worse shape than she was in and rushed towards him supporting him. Akhlys gave him a bit of his powers to stabilize and seeing the entire situation as if sensing something wrongful with Adonis, the baby dragon took a human form and transferred some of his own powers to both Adonis and felicity.

Meanwhile, both Akhlys and baby dragon took human form supporting each Felicity and Adonis. Akhlys transferred all of his powers along with the baby dragon's power to both of them to provide a bit of support.

Lucas POV :

Lucas sensed the fluctuation of mana near the mysterious foggy forest and teleported himself near the area where he sensed the fluctuations. In my entire life, I have never seen or sensed the fluctuations in the mystical beasts world. This is the first time in a long while that this occurrence has happened.

As soon as he arrived in the kingdom of Benedict, he noticed basilisk, phoenix and baby dragon along with a human soul which looks as if it was about to perish and the beasts were trying to protect the soul of the little girl.

He soon rushed towards all of them and looked at basilisk now in human form and phoenix struggling to keep the soul of the girl intact. Just as he was about to provide his help to add support to their powers, baby dragon turned into human form and helped them by providing his powers to them.

Baby dragon was relatively smaller in size but has enormous amount of mana and power worthy of the legendary ancient dragons. By the looks of it, it seems like the baby dragon is a day or two old as if it has hatched recently from the egg.

Lucas approached the group of people but as soon as he touched the dragon, he felt a spark on the part of his hand which he extended and used to touch the forehead of the dragon. Judging by the reaction of the dragon, it feels like he felt the same spark as me on his body where I touched him.

I have never felt like this before. No matter how many times I have travelled back and forth to the kingdom of beasts and the kingdom where humans live, this is the first time I have experienced something like this.

Seeing the entire scene unfold before his eyes, Akhlys asked him to form a contract with the baby dragon. Akhlys further added that he knows what is happening around here and if you do as I say, you will get all the answers you are looking for.

Hearing the great basilisk's words, Lucas listened to his advice and turned towards the baby dragon introducing himself by saying, My name is Lucas, it's an honour to form a contract with the legendary being. If you allow me to form a contract with you, I would like to name you Zane which means a gift from God.

The baby dragon now in human form acknowledged the name and extended his hands towards Lucas to fulfill the rest of the ritual for the contract formation. Lucas holds the extended hand of the dragon and recited the following lines, " I Lucas Orion Whitlock, name the baby dragon hereby in front of me as Zane and we hereby agreed to form a contract with each other. "

As soon as Lucas finished saying those words, a blinding light enveloped both him and baby dragon enveloping them in the light forming a tattoo on Lucas's chest. The tattoo looked weird as it was portraying two dragon body intertwined with each other with different colour. Even though Lucas was having questions about the tattoo, he holds himself back and didn't question any further on it.

Just as the contract between Lucas and Zane was formed, the soul which was swaying drastically back and forth was now a bit more stabilized and vanished before them transporting back to her original body.

Witnessing the entire situation, Lucas thought in is mind that the little girl whose soul was here earlier seems to be quite interesting. Lucas looked at basilisk raising one side of his eyebrow as if asking What just happened?

Basilisk smiled at Lucas and introduced himself to him saying that Even though I am the great basilisk and am so glad to see you after a very long time, please call me Akhlys from now onwards. Lucas nodded a bit at his remarks.

Few minutes later, the baby dragon received a rainbow coloured diamond from the contract formation with Lucas which got attached to it's forehead in the middle as if it was there from the beginning finishing the dragon's look as if a crown was adorned on him.

As soon as the contract was finished and satisfied with the process, baby dragon looked around excitedly for Adonis loudly calling out to her saying, " Mama Mama, see I am a familiar of this boy. Will you stay with me now? "

Looking around and not seeing Adonis anywhere, the baby dragon has tears in his eyes and looked at basilisk asking him, " Where did mama go? I want to tell her that I made a contract and show her this pretty crown on my head. "

Akhlys looked troubled before replying, your mama needs to rest, she is currently not feeling well so she is currently sleeping soundly. She will come back to you again once she is healed completely.

Seeing the entire scenario, Lucas holds the baby dragon in his arms and cajoled the kid saying, did you just want your mama only? How about me? If that girl is your mama then, do you want to call me papa?

Zane looked with tear stricken eyes at Lucas and said, " Can I really call you papa? " Lucas smiled at Zane and said, " Yes, I don't see why you can't? " Zane happily smiled at them and said, Yeah now I have a mama, Papa and a familiar.

Satisfied with Zane's words, Lucas bid them farewell and promised Zane to visit him again soon enough with her mama. Zane was very happy listening to his words and said his farewell to Lucas.

After the series of events, Lucas went back to the tower mage and continued with his work again only to be sensing the fluctuation of great mana once more but this time the only difference was that it was coming from a different location which is imperial palace and is stronger than the one he felt before.