Chapter 35 - Mock Tests Part # 2

Once Lucas and Cassius nodded their heads at each other, the club representative looked at them and announced the task they have to perform for the mock test.

There were tree branches cut in a round shaped and placed at a certain distance with marks on it and when the arrow touches a certain marks, the points are given. Each people will have 3 chances to showcase their ability and the marks will be given. Next batch of people, are you ready?

Lucas, Adonis and Cassius went in to perform the task. They were all in line, when they all grabbed a bow and an arrow and steadied themselves into an appropriate position ready while waiting for the command to proceed. 

Once the Club Representative commanded to start, they focused their attention on the target board and relased the arrow from the bow, Lucas, Adonis and Cassius almost hit to the bull's eye on the target board. The attendant noted their points and asked them to go for the second round. 

Once again, they all pulled out the arrow and released it from the bow targeting the bull's eye for the second time. In the last round as well they hit the bull's eye efficiently without any problem. So far in all the three rounds, Lucas, Adonis and Cassius hit the bull's eyes making the attendant surprised. '

Despite being him in a surprised state, he noted down their perfect scores and marks in the sheet while handing out the sheet to the club representative. After the task was finished, Adonis talked a bit with Cassius before heading up to their last stop for the mock test which was music and entertainment club. 

While on their way to the music and entertainment club, Adonis looked at Lucas and nudged him with her index finger on his left side of the waist. Lucas looked at Adonis and said, " What happened? " 

Adonis replied saying, " Nothing. Are you nervous? So far you did an amazing job in all the clubs but I am especially worried about you for the last club we are headed to. Since it's a music and entertainment club, I am afraid, you might have to perform a task individually. Will you be able to do it? "

Lucas smiled at Adonis who was concerned for him and his heart swell a bit with happiness thinking about it then he sighed before he replied, " Thank you for worrying about me Dona. So far I was able to handle everything since you were beside me all the time. As for the last club, I am a bit nervous as well but I know you will be there in the same room as me to cheer me up. So, I am hopeful for the same. "

Adonis smiled at Lucas's bravery and said, " I appreciate the thought. I will be in the same room as you and will be cheering up for you. You do not have to worry at all. If you are unsure or in any situation feel reluctant, make sure you take a deep breathe before performing the task. "

"Also, I heard it helps people with their anxiety if you do as I say. When you perform your performance on stage make sure to keep your focus and while you are at it, try focusing on one thing or person. Doing so will ease your anxiousness and you will forget that you are performing in front of people. "

" See, we reached at our destination while we were talking. Let's just eliminate the rest of the people from our focus and enjoy our time together. "

Lucas smiled at Adonis's words and complied. " Suddenly, Lucas grabbed Dona's hands in his, intertwining it and sqeezed it tightly for a bit before releasing her hand from his grasp. "

Adonis in return grasped his hands tightly consoling him by providing her warmth through their intertwined hands. After a few minutes, they released their holds on each other's hands and entered their final destination together, music and entertainment club. 

Once inside, the club representative noticed their presence and motioned them to take their seat as a student was performing a melody on piano when they arrived. After a couple of minutes, the performance ended and loud claps irrupted on the venue to appreciate the performance. 

The club representative went up on the stage and said that the rules for today's mock test are quite simple and all of you will have to perform by either singing a song, playing any musical instrument or performing a one man act like a drama.

After few more performances, it was Adonis turn to perform the musicals, she chose to play a piano verse from mozart and sing a beautiful melody. The performance was very beautiful and majestic that when it ended, everyone erupted in loud claps for her performance while some even demanded to have one more performance. 

Adonis smiled and stood up while bowing to the audience and thanking them for their warm compliments before heading towards her seat. Once she reached besides Lucas, she wished him luck and said in a hushed tone to him that she will be cheering for him. 

Lastly, it was Lucas's turn to perform the musicals and he also chose to play a piano piece while singing a song. He went up on the stage, breathed deeply just like Adonis advised and before performing, he looked at Adonis and started singing the verse, 

Your faint voice that brushes past me
Please call my name just one more time
Though I'm standing under the frozen sunset,
I will walk towards you, one step at a time

Still with you
Still with you

Dark room, no lights
I shouldn't get used to it, but I'm used to it
The low sound of this air conditioner
If I don't have this, I think I'm really going to collapse
laugh together, cry together
I guess these simple feelings were everything to me
When will I see you again
I want to look into your eyes and tell you
"I missed you"

In the ecstatic memory
Even if I dance alone, it rains
By the time this fog clears, I'll run with wet feet
hug me then
Because the moon looks lonely
It seems to be crying brightly in the night sky
Even knowing that someday morning will come
I wanted to stay in your sky like a star the day, the moment
If I had known it was going to be like this, I would have kept it more.
When will I see you again
I want to look into your eyes and tell you
"I missed you"

In the ecstatic memory
Even if I dance alone, it rains
By the time this fog clears, I'll run with wet feet
catch me then
Behind the faint smile that looks at me
I want to draw a beautiful purple color
Although our steps may not match each other
I want to walk this road with you

Still with you
Still with you

After the song finished, everyone was so mesmerised by the words, that they all forgot to come back to their senses that the song was finished. After a few seconds, Adonis clapped her hands followed by the other people clapping their hands. Everyone felt the heart felt words sung by him which swelled their hearts with different emotions. 

Later, everyone came back from their trance and clapped once again which was the loudest clap ever heard in the club for any performance.

Eventually, the announcements were posted on the bulletin board for the clubs where they mentioned who is selected in the clubs. 

Adonis and Lucas were selected in all the clubs while the rest of the group members were selected in their respective interests club they applied for. Seeing the results, everyone decided to celebrate it and went to the cafeteria together as it was almost dinner time.