Chapter - 14 Awake to faint again.

On the 4th day, Adonis woke up but was still very weak and looked at the ceiling to find herself in an unfamiliar room or place. Then she looked around and found a group of people eagerly waiting for her to wake up and say something.

Adonis looked confused and asked the person nearby her, " Who are you people? Where am I? Do I know you? And why do you all look so sad??"

Hearing Adonis's questions, the blood from the duke and duchess's face drained while the emperor looked ghastly pale. Once again it was the crown prince who grabbed hold of the situation and ordered the guard to call the healer immediately.

Listening the crown prince commanding, emperor got hold of himself and started to calm down and waited for the healer to show up. Healer arrived and checked Adonis briefly before coming to conclusion. He mentioned to everybody present in the room that due to the shock for the recent events of incident's, her body went into shock especially the brain which resulted in her to have an amnesia.

It's nothing to worry about, she will gradually remember everything and will be back to normal. She needs plenty of rest and a bit of help from her friends here and winked while looking at the kids especially at crown prince. 

All the kids looked at Crown prince silently asking, what was all that wink was for? Crown prince shrugged it off as if it was nothing.

Hearing the healer's words, emperor advised to the duke to let her rest first, then gradually she can recover her memories back. It's not like she's not going to ever remember her precious family and I can assure you my friend, your daughter is really strong so a bit of amnesia is not a big deal. She will surely overcome it and if I'm not mistaken, it would be pretty soon.

Hearing the emperor's word, the Duke, Duchess and Queen were reassured. All four of them left at once to finish the palace work. All that's left in the room were the kids alone with Adonis.

Adonis looked at the peers surrounding her and asked, "Can you guys tell me your name? I do not remember you guys as the healer said. I can't even remember my name. Do you know what my name is?"

Winston and everyone looked at each other before they started to introduce themselves to Adonis.

Winston looking at Adonis and said, " Hello Angel, My name is Winston Harper. I am your brother and you are my younger sister named Adonis. We are kids of the Duke and Duchess Harper. This kingdom where we live in is called Kingdom of Aurelia and this person right here is the crown prince Xavier of the kingdom and that is princess Elizabeth younger sister of the crown prince. This two are twins and belongs to marquis family named Asher and Cassius. I hope this will help you a bit to remember us."

Adonis smiled sweetly at her brother and said, "Thank you for the information and introducing everyone, also for telling me my name."

Adonis looked at crown prince and asked him, "Um your highness Xavier, I apologize for the sudden question I am about to ask to you but have we met before?"

Crown prince looked gently at Adonis and said, "You do not have to apologise and to answer your question, me and my sister saw you for the first time at the banquet hall."

Adonis looked confused hearing the words of the Crown prince and asked again, " What happened to me? Why was I sleeping and for how long was I sleeping?"

Crown prince looked sad at the question asked by Adonis. Princess Elizabeth holds the hand of her brother and gave a gentle squeeze before saying, " Actually, you saved our lives in the banquet hall when the assassin approached both me and my brother. Resulting in the injury to you but the dagger which pierced your body was dipped in poison so you fainted and went in a deep slumber of sleep called coma. You woke up again after sleeping for almost a week. We all were very worried for you. Especially your family and your friends."

Crown prince added, " We still haven't thanked you properly yet but we are very grateful for your help back in the banquet. If you don't mind, will you be our friend?"

Adonis happily answered, " Oh, are you guys okay? Were you injured in any way?"

Princess Elizabeth answered, " thanks to you, we were unharmed and the assassination-attempt on us failed but most importantly, we are both glad that you are safe and sound."

A bit later, hearing the recent events of charade, Adonis remembered everything including her past life and her current life. Adonis quickly Grabbed her hair and started pulling. As if She was in pain. Seeing the situation, Winston asked her sister in a worried tone, "Hey angel is something wrong, is your head hurting??"

Adonis looked at Winston with tears in eyes and said, "It hurts my head as if someone is constantly hammering inside the head winy."

Winston looked at Adonis surprisingly and asked her, "Why did you call me winy?"

Adonis ignored Winston's question and said faintly before fainting, " I know who attacked us and why." Before she could say anything anymore she fainted and dropped her body on the bed."

Seeing this, Cassius immediately asked for the healer to be called. Hearing anxious voice of Cassius, everyone get their act together and Asher tried to calm his brother asking him to calm down.

Asher : I have never seen Cassius this anxious ever in my life. It's as if something happened to him when Adonis fainted again. When I asked him to calm down, he shot me an angry look which he never did to me or anyone until they are the enemy. Who can believe that the icy cold brother of mine is now anxious.

All of a sudden it strikes me, maybe he heard what Adonis said faintly. It was hard for me or anyone to listen but it has never been a problem for him to listen no matter how far the conversation takes place. It's one of his ability.

I immediately looked at Cassius and asked him, " By any chance, did you hear what Adonis said before fainting?"

Cassius looked at his brother and curtly nod his head positively. Before anyone could ask him any more questions to him regarding the same, healer arrived.

Healer looked at the bed and asked, did she faint again?

Everyone said together, " yes it happened while we were having conversation and Winston added that her sister was pulling her hairs all of a sudden and said it was hurting her.

Healer performed the check on her once again and said, " Don't worry. She fainted because she regained all of the memory suddenly making it hard for her brain to process. She will wake up once again. You do not need to worry."

As soon as the healer left, Everyone looked sharply at Cassius and asked him, "What did Adonis said before she fainted?" Cassius stoically replied, before she fainted she said she knows who are the assassins and why were they targeting your highnesses?

Crown prince and princess shouted in unison, "What?"