Chapter - 8 Foggy Forest Part 1

As Adonis neared the tree branch where the phoenix was, she noticed that the beautiful bird was trapped where the wing was stuck in to the tree branch which was very painful for the bird but there was nothing the bird could do. 

Adonis noticed the pain the bird was going through. So, she approached the bird and the bird started getting anxious. Adonis, whispered calming the bird.

Adonis : "It's ok. Don't worry. I am here to help you. Please allow me to help you free from the pain. I promise. As soon as you are free from the pain, I will head back to my residence and will never tell a soul about it. "

Phoenix - As if understanding the words spoken by Adonis, the bird calmly nods head a bit.

Adonis taking that as a sign, she approached the bird carefully and tried her best to reach the branch and remove the extended branch stuck in the wings.

Once Adonis reached the branch, she carefully tried to remove the branch as slowly as possible so that the bird does not have to feel the pain. Once the branch was out of the wings which was the cause of pain to the bird.  

Adonis breathed a sigh of relief and said to the bird, finally it is done and you won't be feeling pain anymore. Let me help you bandage the wound. So that, the wound will heal faster and you will be able to fly again in the sky.

Since, there was nothing to bandage the wound, Adonis removed one of her ribbon's from her hair and wrapped it around the wings which was a bit injured. Once done, Adonis smiled happily and said that she does not want anyone be it birds, animals or humans to suffer from the pain.

Phoenix looked at the kid who looked happy at the work she has done and heard what she said at the end. The phoenix bird was curious about this kid who was able to enter the forest freely and also helped me with the bandaging. 

All the animals and birds in this forest are kind but I have never seen a human who is equally kind as us. She is a rare existence and to not lose a chance at it, the phoenix grabbed this opportunity to create a contract bond with her. 

Phoenix : " Thank you for helping me kid. I was suffering from the pain since a long time ago and there is nothing I can do to free myself from this pain. So, I suffered day and night until you approached me and helped me. I will be forever grateful to you. Can I know the name of my savior? "

Adonis was shocked for a moment that the bird can speak. She was so surprised when the bird spoke that, she fell flat on her butt causing her pain.

Phoenix : " I am extremely sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. I just wanted to show my gratitude towards the person who saved me from the long despair of the pain I had to go through. "

Adonis : " It's okay. you don't have to apologize. It's me who is ignorant of the fact that special birds and animals can speak. I apologize for my ignorance. My name is Adonis Harper Winfred. "

Phoenix : " Nice to meet you Adonis. In exchange for helping me, how about you make a contract with me? It's only if you are alright with it though. I don't want to impose the contract on you. "

Adonis : " I would love to do that. I would be lucky to have a contract with you but I do not know how to form a contract with magical beasts yet. Also, if you don't mind me asking do you have a name I could call you with? "  

Phoenix : " Looks at Adonis and thinking deeply while replying that, she can name him whatever she want to and as for forming the contract, all she had to do is give me a name. After that, we both have to hold our hands together and a tattoo of phoenix will be formed on your body while I will receive a special item which will complete the process. The special item we receive will be able to help me locate you, help you in need and vice a versa. " 

Adonis after hearing the explanation provided by the bird, she carefully thinks of the name she wishes to give him. After carefully thinking, she decided on the name she will give to him.  

Adonis : " I will name you Felicity which means happiness. I want you to always be happy no matter what. "

Phoenix : " After hearing the name, Phoenix was really happy and approved of the name. Let's finish the rest of the process. Here hold my hands and let's continue with the rest of the ritual to form the bond. "

Adonis : " I Adonis Harper Winfred name the phoenix bird here as Felicity and we hereby agree to form a contract. "

A blinding light enveloped both of them and a tattoo was formed on the right ankle of Adonis while, Felicity received a token in the form of a chain necklace. After seeing the token, Adonis helped Felicity to put it on his neck. With this, the ceremony for forming a contract was completed. 

As soon as the contract was finished, Felicity felt the wounds from earlier to be healed miraculously. So, Felicity opened the bandages wrapped by Adonis and checked that all his wounds were healed.  

Adonis smiled sheepishly saying that I think that's a gift for forming a contract. Felicity just smiled towards Adonis and urged her to return back home as it is getting dark and her family might be worried for her. 

Looking at the sky, Adonis realized it is super late, mom and dad will be worrying if they noticed my absence. So, Adonis rushed towards the path she came from and bid her farewell to Felicity saying she will see him again. 

As soon as Adonis exists the foggy garden, she noticed that all the people including the maids and knights were frantically searching for her. 

So, Adonis approached towards her mother rubbing her eyes and saying what's wrong? Why is everyone here? Are you looking for something? Let me help you with that.

Duchess : " Dear lord, we were searching for you Adonis. You were no where to be found and was gone for a long time. We were very worried for you. I thought something might have happened to you. Do not scare us like this ever again. "

Then Duchess hugs Adonis tightly in her arms and sobbed until she calmed down. Adonis then explained to her mother that someone needed her help while I was wondering in the garden and apologized to her mother. 

I am sorry mother, I will never worry you again like this. I am really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you ever. It's just that there was a bird who needed my help as it was stuck on the tree branch and I couldn't watch the bird suffering. 

So, I couldn't stand still. I tried my best and helped the bird become freed which took so long that I didn't realize that time has passed so much and it was already night time. I am so sorry Mama. I promise next time I will inform you before I go anywhere. 

It's okay baby girl. It's okay. Don't worry. As long as you are fine. We all are fine.

Meanwhile, Marchioness Leona approached Duchess and reassured her by saying, "Didn't I say that she will be fine and look she is back healthy, safe and sound."

Duchess looked at her friend and said, " Thank you Leona for staying back and helping us look for my daughter. I am really very grateful for all the help you have provided to us today. "

Leona : " Oh come on Emma, you don't need to thank me. Plus my twins were also worried for your daughter. I mean my kids have never shown such interest in anybody or the expression of concern for anyone. This is a first for them plus how can I leave you behind in your tough times when you have always been there for me? "

Emma : " Still, I am very thankful to you. I will prepare a room for you and the kids to stay the night. It's very late and I don't want you to leave for home this late. Harper will inform the Marquis of the same so you don't have to worry about it. " 

Leona : " You didn't have to do that, but since you insist we will bother you for the rest of the night. Thank you. "