55: This can't happen.

The children were interested to know more about sorcerery and Wong was more than happy to tell them everything

The children were interested to know more about sorcerery and Wong was more than happy to tell them everything. The Granger and Weasley parents were busy talking among themselves. Kingsley was still not okay with these unknown people knowing about the headquarters but if Josette assures they won't tell anyone, he can breathe in relief.

But James and Sirius were interested in what is going on in the kitchen. They slipped away from everyone and stood right in front of the kitchen door, they saw the two friends talking in the far corner.

"Are they close??" Sirius asked.

"Very. Like the marauders of Kamar Taj." James replied.

"What's that?? Nevermind. Were they a thing back then??" He asked getting a little jealous seeing how close they were standing. It was silly but in his defense, Stephen does look like he can steal anyone's girl.

"Don't know. I always thought they were but she always denied it."

"Look she's crying." Sirius pointed and saw Stephen wipe away her tears and cup her face. "Get your hands off her you freak." He hissed angrily.

Inside the kitchen Stephen told her about the death of Ancient One and the one who killed her was Kaecilius. Josette was shocked and hurt. She didn't even realize when a tear slipped down.

If it was the old Josette she wouldn't have cried not even in front of her friends. She kept her tears at bay in front of Voldemort when Meredith, her sister, died. But now, she's broken and I don't think she will ever go back to the way she was before.

Stephen quickly wiped them away and cupped her face "I'm sorry. I couldn't save her."

"It's not your fault. But why didn't you tell me about all this. Kaecilius returned and you didn't think it was important thing to inform me??" She asked getting a little angry.

"Ancient One told me not to. I wanted to. You are the only one who could have convinced him to drop his rampage." He replied calmly.

"Where is he now?? Was he successful??"

"I'm sorry, Jo. But he destroyed all three Sanctums. I had no choice but to kill him." He looked at her with sad eyes.

Few hours earlier

"I've spent so many years peering through time looking at this exact moment but I can't see past it. I prevented countless terrible futures and after each one there's always another and it all leads here but never further." Ancient one said not once meeting Stephen's eyes. Looking at the world around her in her Astral form.

"You think this is where you die."

"You wonder what I see in your future?"

"No..." she finally looked at him with a smile and he then answered honestly "Yes."