58: Run

"So

"So... we are not gonna talk about it?" Tonks asked as she and Remus walked on the Hogsmeade streets.

"Tonks. It's not going to work between us." Remus sighed.

"Why?? Because you are a werewolf?? You know I don't care about that."

"But I do. And we are never bringing this back again." He said sternly.

"Why are you doing this?? I know you feel the same about me. Why don't you let me in??" Tonks whispered sounding desperate. She had decided not to fight today with him but it's clearly not going as planned.

"I don't. I don't have any feelings for you. And what happened at Christmas was a mistake."

"No. You said you should stay away from me because of your feelings. That means you have feelings for me."

Remus took a deep breath. He hates fighting with her like this. It was so much better when they were just friends. Why you had kiss her!! Couldn't you control yourself!! He cursed himself.

But she has to understand, he is not good for her, he is poor, he is a werewolf, people spit on him. And she will also have to through that if they got together. "Have you looked at yourself?? You are a child, you are clumsy, you are stupid and immature. I would never fall for you." He spoke, his face blank of any emotions.

Remus didn't mean a word he said but this was the only way to get her to hate him.

But tonks saw right through him. "I know you don't mean it."

"I do."

"Look me in the eye and say that." She grabbed his arm and stopped him.

Remus looked down at her and he couldn't bring himself to say those words again.

"Well, well, well, what do we have hear??" Remus heard a voice mocking him. "A werewolf and a blood traitor. You will make a perfect couple." They turned to their left and saw Marcus Avery standing in front of them "Scarface, it's been so long."

"What are you doing here??" Remus spat, ignoring his previous comment.

"Remembering old days. And planning on taking Harry Potter."

"How exactly are you going to do that??"

"It's a secret." He started walking away from them. "Goodby scarface... we will meet soon."

"What is he doing here??" Tonks asked, completely forgetting what was happening before he came.

But Remus was glad for the distraction. "No idea."

Avery didn't really want anything from him. He was in Hogsmeade taking a look around, making sure the secret passageways in his days are still here. Voldemort has given him a task to hand Harry Potter to him and intends to complete it.