The Sky Is Crying

As I scurry out of the alley way, dragging my bags with me, I curse at the wind. It blows in my face like its cursing at me too.

Just as I was leaving, I feel a drop of water fall on my unmanaged hair.

"Fuck..."

I start to run, back aching, as fast as my short limbs could possibly carry me into a nearest building.

I needed to get out of the rain, it's not good, especially for me. I don't want to get sick again. I won't be able to afford that.

I kept running, bumping into people along the way.

"Watch it kid!" A man with a dark looking beard yelled at me.

I huffed and continued my run until I found a building that looked abandoned. It looked like one of those creepy ass ghost houses from horror movies, but it will do. Anything to get me out of the rain.

As the rain poured on me, I tried breaking the window with my fist. I banged and punched and pretended the window was a punching bag but nothing would work, only a crack was left off this boxing fight.

I was desperate to get out of the rain, so I had no choice but to jump through the window. I braced myself for what was going to happen next and counted backwards from 5.

5

I looked up at the sky and wondered why it rains.

4

I looked back at the stain glass window and examined the crack I gave it. Was I that weak?

3

I shuffled backwards so there was a 5 feet distance between me and the window.

2

I steadied myself.

1

I was ready to run and prepared for the blow.

0

The next thing I saw was glass... Everywhere.

********************************

I must of gone unconscious 'cause the next thing I know is that I am laying on a huge pile of blood stained glass.

I check to see if my bags and rags are still here, just incase somebody has stolen them.

But as I tried to get up, a pain sharp sting went throughout my whole lower back and thighs.

"Ahh shit.."

I touch my thigh and felt something poking my fingers.

I grab the unknown item and tried to pull it out, but then realized that the unknown item was glass.

And it was jammed into my thigh PREETTYY fucking deep.

"Why.. Why does it happen to me."

I grab the item with my thumb and pointer finger and try to pull it out.

"Fuuuuuckkk!" I scream in agony when my fingers make contact with the glass.

I can't even grab it, then what's the use of pulling it out?

I look around desperately to see what I can do.

Oh, I forgot to mention, my name is Frank Iero. And I'm homeless.

My parents and I had an awesome relationship, until I started middle school. From there on I got bullied at school for wearing black all the time and listening to punk rock music. They called me emo, fag, and midget. Yes, I am shorter than other guys but, I don't mind. I came home depressed everyday and my parents would fight about it and how I should cherish life. How am I going to cherish it when it is making me miserable? Me and my mom were very close and I told her everything that happened. She used to tell me the same things over and over again, but I didn't care. She cared about me and that is what mattered. But ever since high school, I have gotten worse. I have been addicted to cutting since I was in 7th grade and I am still now. It's hard to deal with, but I can't stop. In high school I got tormented even harder and it involved physical abuse as well. I would come home with either a bloody nose, or a black eye. It was daily and I didn't like it at all. School was stressing me out also and it did not help. I felt that I was the one that let my family down, that I was, and still am, the failure in the family. So in 9th grade, when I was 15, I decided I wanted to run away from home. I know it sounds stupid, I am basically running away from the only comfort, the only true best friend I had, my mom, but I had many reasons to. I told one of my closest friends, Ray Toro, if he had wanted to come. He said that he would love to go because he was also dealing with a lot. We planned to go to California because we felt that we needed to get out of Jersey. Yes, we are both from New Jersey, the shitty place we call home. Don't get me wrong, I love Jersey, it's just that I felt if I stayed here, the police would surely catch us. So for now, we are going to California to start our new lives. So far, we are in West Virginia and this would be our 1st month since we ran away. Right now, my current age is 15 and Ray is 19.

But I haven't seen Ray since last night when we were sleeping in an alley way. Did he get caught by the police or did he leave me.?...

No. Ray would never do that to me. He isn't like that.

I continue to search around the building until I hear footsteps heading this way. I stop and look at the wall, scared. What if it's the police, a rapist, or a madman? I stay frozen. How did this person get in here anyways.?..

The footsteps get louder...

Clank

Clank

Clank

Clank

Silence..

I glance at the cement floor and realize that there is a shadow towering over my shoulders.

A big shadow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey so I'm new here. How you like the first chapter?? :)

I like to write so I write pretty quickly.

I will try to update my chapters quick so I don't keep you waiting.

Comment if you want, I would like that.

Bye for now :)