New Friend

•Frank p.o.v.•

"So you up for a walk?" Gerard asks me, sketching in a notebook at his desk, pencils clanking on it.

If Ray were still here, we would be walking towards Cali..

But he is in a better place now.

"Um sure, that would be nice." I respond, stretching my limbs on the couch.

Gerard puts his things away and starts to put his shoes on, dirty original black converse.

I dig that.

Wait, I forgot, I have been in boxers this whole time?!! Omfg nice going Frank Gay Iero.

I groan and start to pull on my black skinny jeans, shuffling when they pass my waist.

I grab my plain black t-shirt and put it on, then hurry on putting my converse, the same ones Gerard has on.

We exit his place, him shutting the door hard, making it hard to open.

"Alright, we can walk in the town I guess, is that fine with you?" Gerard asks me, placing his hand on my shoulder, making me melt at his touch.

"Yeah that's fine." I breath a response and he smiles brightly, and starts to walk down the stairs.

I follow his lead and go down these long stairs, making me feel a little dizzy.

We reach the bottom and go through a small hole like tunnel, leading to the outside world.

This is a very hidden place, how did Gerard ever find this?

It's pretty cool to be honest.

We step onto the grass, and Gerard pulls a wooden plank over the hole, blocking it.

That is pretty smart of him.

"Alright lets get going." Gerard pats my back and starts to walk away, me following him.

I trust him with my life, and that's a lot to say about a guy I just met two days ago.

We both walk side by side, talking about music and comic books, two great things.

It turns out that he actually has a lot in common with me. He likes Iron Maiden, The Misfits, Smashing Pumpkins, and other cool bands like that.

Also, he is from New Jersey!

I dig him.

"So are you going to stay here or are you planning on going somewhere else in the future?" I ask him after our conversation dies down.

Gerard's eyebrows furrow as he thinks.

"Well, this is my plan. I am planning on staying here until I get enough money to start moving again. My plan was to go to Cali and start fresh there, but to do that I need money. So this is my temporary home." He explains to me, fiddling with his sleeve.

That's pretty cool, but I can't help thinking, why is he homeless?

"Oh alright, guess we will both try to collect enough money." I laugh a little, and punch his shoulder lightly.

"Yeah that's great!" He cheers up, making me smile.

We enter the town and decide to just sit at a park bench and continue to speak some more, me interested to know more about him.

We sit down on an empty bench, the wood hitting my butt a little too hard.

I ignore it and keep talking to Gerard, enjoying his movements and the way he speaks.