Smile For Me

•Gerard p.o.v.•

I squish through the hole in the back of an abandoned building and climbs some stairs.

I have lived here for almost a year now and I've never been discovered. This place is the closest to home I got.

I've been homeless for about a year and a half, living on the streets in the beginning of my journey.

My mom kicked me out of the house when she found out I was...

Gay.

My dad did nothing about it and didn't stop her, so I packed some essentials as quick as I could, and ran out of the house with tears in my eyes, the door being slammed shut behind me.

I hate them.

Who would ever kick their own child out of their house just because of their sexuality? Those aren't parents. They aren't my parents to me.

They are strangers.

I finish climbing 3 flight of stairs and go towards the hidden old wooden door. It blends in with the color of the walls, so it's hard to notice.

I twist the knob and open the door, making a squeaking noise that echoes throughout the staircase.

Closing the door with my back, I look down at the boy in my arms.

He fell asleep.

He looks so.. peaceful, at ease.

I go over to my mattress and kick my blanket over, making room for Frank.

I lay his fragile body down as he stirs in his sleep.

He still has a death grip on his clothes, holding it close to his chest.

Looking at his clothes makes me ache inside, remembering what happened earlier to this poor angel.

I carefully grab his hand, a shock when our hands made contact. I bite my bottom lip as I hold it, and carefully take the clothes with my other hand.

He doesn't move, and I take that as he is still sleeping.

Good.

He needs it.

I decide to leave him in his boxers, I have a pair of pjs he can use, I just don't want to wake him.

I start to strip and change into plain old black pajamas, looking at the small mirror.

I look horrible, like shit, as always.

My eyes are worn out and my hair is everywhere. Also, I have a wound on my forehead, just above my left eyebrow.

"Fuck.." I curse in a whisper and go towards a dresser, containing all that I need. It holds clothes, medical help, comics, sketchbooks, and everyday needs.

All in 5 cabinets.

Of course I have a small portable refrigerator in the corner, containing all my food and drinks.

It's quite homey actually.

After I put a princess bandage on my wound, I get a water bottle and chug it down, tired of what happened today.

Today was a big day for me.

Today I met Frank and rescued him.

Today I witnessed his best friend, his only hope, die in front of us.

Today I saved Frank again from being.. raped.

Today was a big day.

For the both of us actually.

I finish the water and toss it in the trash bin next to my small wooden desk on the other side of the room. I found that here, so I decided to clean it up and use it for when I read my comics and decide to do some art.

I yawn and that indicates that I should probably rest. I shuffle my way over to the mattress and toss the blanket over, then covering us with it again.

Frank is still sleeping, he is curled at the opposite direction, his back at me. He has a strong grip on the mattress, making me frown.

I reach over my head and grab my teddy bear. I always sleep with it, it makes me feel safe. It's pretty old if I think about it, I've had it ever since I was 3.

I'm 19.

I decide to do something that I wouldn't do in a million years.

I give my teddy bear to Frank.

I open his arms and slide the stuffed animal in between them, makings him stir lightly.

I widen my eyes and stay completely still, watching him carefully.

He grips to the small teddy bear and smiles the sweetest smile on this fucking planet. He looks happy.

I smile and close my eyes, dreaming about that same exact smile.

Dreaming about what life would be with Frank.

A smile creeps up my lips.