Season Three- Vendettas and House Calls

Shoto raked his hands through his damp hair, then shook his head back and forth. "Katherine," he called to her, "Kirishima asked if you were up to play video games with him and Kaminari tonight. He wants you to text him your answer."

The only response he got was a pained groan from his bedroom. "Uh, are you okay?"

"Are you wearing pants?" he heard her ask.

"...Yes? I always put clothes on after I shower. Especially when you're in my room."

"You've got some pain relief shit in your bathroom, right? Can you bring me some?"

Shoto opened his bathroom door slightly and gazed at Katherine, laying with her wings outstretched on his bed. "I mean, I don't have a shirt on yet, but yeah, I can bring you some."

"That's even better. Please bring me your toned body and your ancient remedies."

He blushed and rolled his eyes, grabbing the pain relief cream from one of his cabinets. "What's the matter?"

Katherine pouted and lifted one of her legs. "These hurt," she muttered, putting her leg back down and sitting up.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

She took the container from Shoto and unscrewed the lid, then grimaced as she began spreading the cream on her legs and working it into her skin. "What did Kiri want?"

"Ah—he and Kaminari wanted to know if you wanted to play video games with them," Shoto reiterated. "I was invited as well, but I declined."

"Yeah, sure. Where are they playing?"

"Just across from us in Kirishima and Bakugo's dorm."

"Alright. I'll head over there once I'm done with this."

Shoto watched in silence as Katherine continued spreading the pain relief cream around. "Um...would you like me to do that for you?" he asked quietly.

She paused and looked over at him. "Do what? Put the stuff on my legs?"

Shoto nodded. "Oh. Uh...sure, I don't see why not," Katherine said.

His eyes lit up at her answer and he quickly moved to kneel in front of the edge of the bed. Katherine shifted down to where he was with the cream. "I think there's already enough on my left leg to start," she mentioned.

Shoto heated his left hand just enough to make it comfortably warm and began massaging the pain relief cream into her leg. She hummed at the feeling, the tension quickly leaving her muscles.

Well, he was certainly excited.

Thanks for the unsolicited commentary, Nightmare.

Come on, we were all thinking it.

At least he likes taking care of you.

Where were you two during the exam? I only heard you once or twice. And what was that weird random memory that popped into my head while I was rescuing people?

You seemed to have everything handled, so we stayed out of it. As for the memory, it was probably triggered by the teddy bear. Now that your trauma is resurfacing, you should expect more of that.

Thanks for the reassurance.

"You seem to be distracted," Shoto observed. "What's on your mind?"

Katherine looked at him and huffed. "Two very annoying spirits."

"Ah, I see." He paused for a moment, then spoke again. "This is a little embarrassing to ask, but—Fallen and Nightmare—do they experience everything the way you do?"