Season Four- Keep It Together

And so, as November entered its final week, the work-study kids and Katherine were summoned to the teachers' dorms one weekend morning. They weren't sure what it was about, but they all had a similar hunch, which was proven true when they saw–

"Eri!"

"Hi!" she greeted cheerfully from the couch.

Nejire looked up and smiled as she put Eri's hair in pigtails. "Hey guys, look who's here!"

"U.A. is taking her in," Aizawa explained.

Katherine snorted. "Like we couldn't already tell."

"You weren't kidding about seeing her again soon!" Midoriya exclaimed.

Uraraka grinned and pumped her fist in the air. "Woohoo, we've got ourselves an Eri!"

"She reminds me of my little sister, kero," Tsuyu mentioned.

"How exactly did this work out?" Kirishima asked.

Aizawa shrugged. "Well, she can't stay in the hospital forever." He glanced at Eri before he and Mirio beckoned the 1-A students outside. "They say her mother abandoned her," he disclosed. "She still has a grandfather, the Hassaikai boss, but he's in a coma and they don't think he'll be waking up anytime soon. In short, she's got no family and nowhere to go."

"And that's where we come in?" Katherine questioned. "Sounds familiar."

Mirio nodded. "Also, we might've already mentioned this, but Eri's horn is the source of her quirk. Everything should be fine while it's all shrunken, but as you might've seen, it's starting to grow out, little by little."

"So, all the more reason for her to stay with you, right, Mr. Aizawa?" Uraraka guessed, turning to him.

"That's right," he replied. "She'll be staying in the faculty dorms, where the other teachers and I can keep an eye on her. We'll try and come up with a way to help her control her power. There'll also be regular quirk examinations, but we'll take everything one step at a time."

Katherine squealed and clapped her hands together. "Ah, I've always wanted a sibling! This is great!"

"I never said we were adopting her, Problem Child."

"Yeah, okay, sure. It's not like she's going to be living with us or anything."

"Kero, that's a big responsibility," Tsuyu said. "How're you gonna balance it and teaching?"

"That's where I come in!" Mirio announced. "Since I'm taking time off from school, I'll be free! Plus, Eri and I are already besties, so it makes sense!"

Midoriya crossed his arms. "I'm friends with Eri."

"Yeah, but we're not allowed to skip school," Katherine muttered. "If I'd known getting shot with a quirk-erasing bullet got you Eri privileges..."

Aizawa rolled his eyes at them both. "You two know you're welcome to stop by any time, right? That goes for the rest, too."

"Yeah, of course! We'll definitely pop in!" Kirishima promised.

Tamaki walked over to Mirio and put a hand on his shoulder. "And once Eri's mind and body have stabilized, it won't be long before we have our invincible Mirio back again."

Mirio smiled and put his hands behind his head. "That would be pretty swell, but I've got the patience to wait a hundred years if that's what she needs!"

"I know it's short notice, but could you third-years watch her for a little while?" Aizawa inquired.

"Sure! We'll play a game or something!"