Season Four- Trust

"She wants to see Midoriya and Katherine, kero?"

It was the next morning, and the work-study kids plus Katherine were gathered in a supplementary classroom. Aizawa nodded in response to Tsuyu's question. "Them and Togata, yes. It's the first request she's had since being admitted to the hospital."

"It's probably because you three were the ones who saved her from Chisaki," Uraraka mused, turning to look at Katherine and Midoriya.

Katherine nodded, only half-listening to her, then turned back to Aizawa. "How soon can we see her?" she asked, trying to keep the desperation out of her voice. Seeing Eri again had been the only thing on her mind since she'd heard she'd woken up from her coma, and now that she had learned of the girl's request, it only made it more imperative.

Her father glanced at her. "I knew you would ask that, so I've already set it up. You're going this afternoon once Midoriya's finished his supplementary lessons for the day."

Katherine sighed, leaning back in her seat. Her worst fear had been not being able to see Eri until after the school festival, but that was quickly put to rest. She then turned to Midoriya, who was way ahead of her. "I'll work twice as hard today and be done early, I promise!"

She grinned and ruffled his hair. "Yeah, you better, or else Mirio and I will just go without you," she teased.

That conversation seemed like a distant memory now as she walked the halls of the hospital with Mirio, Midoriya, and Aizawa, tugging on the sleeves of her jacket anxiously. Mirio was carrying a fruit basket for Eri that she'd stuffed a few honey sticks into, and he was beaming, cheerful as ever. "Do you guys think she missed us?"

"She barely knows us," Midoriya reminded him. "But, yeah, she might've. Uh, Katherine, you're the expert on this stuff, what do you think?"

"I rescued myself, Midoriya, so I didn't have anyone to miss," she mumbled, tugging on her sleeves again.

Uh, hello? We rescued you.

Still true, technically. Couldn't miss you 'cause you were always in my head.

She's got you there.

"Anyway, I don't know about her missing us, but I missed her a hell of a lot," Katherine continued. "I hope the doctors have been treating her well."

"Yeah, but that reminds me," Mirio mentioned, turning to Aizawa. "Shouldn't the hospital have contacted Child Protective Services by now, sir?"

He shook his head. "We asked them to hold off. It'll be hard to find her a home with her quirk being so unpredictable."

Katherine huffed, blowing a strand of hair out of her face. "Story of my life."

Midoriya glanced at her. "Was your quirk reactive at first, too?"

"No, she was a little brat and wouldn't tell anyone what it was," Aizawa muttered.

"Hey, I wasn't sure, either," she retorted. "And I had trust issues, so get off my back."

"Whatever you say, Problem Child."

Finally, after what felt like eons of walking, they reached the room. Aizawa nodded at the three, and after a shared glance with Midoriya, Katherine opened the door.

Eri was sitting on her bed, her hair much neater than before and her horn reduced to a small bump on her head. She watched them as they filed in, one after the other. Aizawa leaned on the doorframe, keeping it open. She stared at them silently, her eyes scanning over Midoriya and Mirio before finally landing on Katherine, who smiled gently and walked over. Eri drew back at first. "Don't," she whispered. "I might hurt you."