³

Violet woke up from the cold sweat and the terrible nightmares that haunted her. She rubbed her eyes violently and groaned.

Violet sighed when she looked at herself in the mirror. Last year of school and she wasn't going to spend it where she would've wanted to. She was going to spend it in her school in California, locked in her mother's house and pushed into decisions she will most definitely regret.

The brunette girl, looked at herself, and this was definitely not her best self, she looked tired and a lot more skinnier, she could feel the grip of depression slowly wrap its hands tigthly around her neck and not wanting to let go. She put her hair in a messy bun, tied her shoes and out she went. Violet jumped in her car and blasted her playlist of songs she and JJ and the gang used to listen to together in the car. She always smiled when she heard the playlist, she loved remembering summer and what it was like. How free and at home she felt.

She parked her car in front of her school and just looked outside, she could see everyone was in groups, laughing and having fun, which made her think about her friends. She smiled wanting nothing more that to have been able to spend her last year with her best friends, not in this fancy school for rich kids, full of spoiled brats and always crying girls. She grabbed her phone, the picture of her and Kie when they were diving to test the drone, appeared. She smiled at the memories and pressed the contacts icon quickly pressing on Kie's number. It took a few rings but Kie eventually picked up.

"Hello love! How are ya?" Kie said with a British accent and Vi laughed at her friend through the phone. A muffled 'who's that' was heard from the phone and Violet felt the goosebumps on her skin. Even if she hadn't heard that voice in forever, there was no way that she wouldn't recognise it. Not in a million years.

"I'm good Kie. How are you, everything okay?" Violet asked with a smile on her face, she could hear Pope and JJ carry out a conversation with each other while Kie talked to her. "Is that JJ?" Se asked, even though she knew that it was him.

"Yeah, that's JJ, Pope's here too."

"How's he been?" Kie made a sound.

"I' ll tell you another time. How have you been, we haven't heard each other in forever. Are you at school?" Violet giggled and nodded her head even though Kie couldn't see her.

"Been better. And yeah currently scared to get out my car, so I decided to check up on you." Violet said and looked around the parking lot, she could see kids running around, with smiles on their faces, while she was still in her car, trying to hold back the tears. The conversations with Kie didn't felt at all like what they used to be.

"I'm glad you did. We're on our way to school now and we're actually really close. Call you later?" Vi nodded and cleared out her throat.

"Yeah okay. Talk later. By-" she started to say, but Kie ended the call. Violet looked at her phone with narrowed eyebrows. They were starting to forget about her and it was obvious, she hated feeling this way, hated going through this alone. Her dad has been in Charleston for about a whole month, then he went to the Bahamas for a while, she didn't knew what he was doing there all that she knew was that while he was travelling for work, there was no way in hell that her mom would let her stay in OBX alone. And she was right. She always thought that even if she didn't hd friends, she'll always have her parents but now that her dad was so busy with work and Violet finally understood her mom, and what she had planned for her. And that she was just using Violet to complete her big life goals that she wasn't able to, which Violet was actually going to let her do, but not anymore. She wasn't going to live her mother's dream, she had her own dreams and desires. She had never felt so alone and it hurt her when she called Kie or Kie calls her sometimes and she could hear the laughter in the background, she was happy that they were doing better but it felt like that they had forgotten her. And it hurt her, cause she needed them to be there for her too, and right now it felt like she was a burden to them, not someone they had the back of, not someone who has their back, she was just a burden now, with no place in their group as it seems.

When she got back from school  Violet threw her back in her room and went in the kitchen to have a snack. She opened the medication cabinet to grab some meds for her period pains, which were nearly killing her and that's when she noticed the bottle.

In it were the pills her mom was giving her, she narrowed her eyebrows and grabbed the bottle.

'Autumn Snow'

It said. They were prescribed for her mom, not for herself. She looked at the name of the pills and quickly grabbed her phone and googled the name. She didn't feel herself dropping the bottle and her phone, she didn't even hear them falling to the ground. She felt paralyzed.

'can be used with patients struggling with PTSD. Used by people to forget traumatic experiences. Higher dosage than prescribed can lead to short term memory and in some cases even amnesia. Not for people under 21.'

Violet cpuldn't believe what she was seeing. Her mom was drugging her.

She needed to get away.