²²

When they finally made it back, all of them were starving, so the girls took it upon themselves to go find something to eat, while Sarah and Vi were laughing and playing with some weeds, Kie was walking around in the field they were currently in. And all of a sudden let out a shriek and a laugh of excitement.

"Jackpot!" She shouted and Vi and Sarah turned around, smiling like weirdos at the watermelon that was raised up by Kie.

"How do we cut it?" Vi motion for Kie to just throw it on the ground, and that's what she did. The watermelon breaking in the middle.

The girls sat down and dug into the watermelon. They just stood there for a while in silence, eating the watermelon. Vi looked up to the sky and took another bite, when she was done with it, she looked at Sarah.

"Did you seriously get married?"

"Not legally." Sarah said and the girls smiled. "But yeah." Sarah said shyly with the biggest smile on her face.

The girls chuckled and kept on eating.

"Am I crazy or is there something going on with you and Pope?" Sarah asked and Vi pointed at her nodding her head.

"Right! Thanks for finally saying it, cause I still haven't asked about that."

Kie smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Maybe." Vi and Sarah looked at each other then up at Kie.

"That's not a no." Vi pointed out and Kie nodded her head, smiling.

"It's not a no."

"Girl." Sarah said and they started laughing. "What about you and JJ. You two official finally?"

Violet felt her cheeks starting to reden. She just shrugged her shoulders and kept on eating her watermelon.

"We were and then we weren't."

"Are we like in a William Shakespeare's novel or what? What does that mean?" Violet looked at the girls and then down to the ground, should she really destroy this beautiful moment of happiness and reunion they were sharing with the damned things her mom did to her? But they were her friends, they wouldn't judge, would they?

"He told me that he loved me." Violet said and Kie and Sarah gasped looking at her.

"Did you say it back?" Violet looked at them then down again, shaking her head. Sarah gasped.

"Do you not love him?" Violet looked at them and shook her head. Saying a little 'i do'. "Then why didn't you say it back? How did he take it?"

"I didn't get the chance really, we were talking on the phone, making plans for later and he just said it, it was pretty casual, it slipped out and I'm not sure he noticed how he ended the call."

"What did he say?"

"Something along the lines of - 'See you at five, babe. Love ya.' and he ended the call and before 5pm even came, my mother came and she kind of slipped something in my coffee and I was out and the next thing I remember is waking up in Cali, locked in my room, and it gets kind of blurry after that point, cause she continued drugging me."

Kie and Sarah just looked at her speechless.

"And she also blocked his number, and had sent him some nasty texts, pretending to be me, and he kind of believed that it was me, and that's why he hated me a lot when I finally managed to come back here, but we're good now." Violet looked at her friends, who just stood there looking at her wide eyed. She overshared again, something she tends to do when pressed. Now she felt stupid. She could feel that her palms had started to sweat. There she goes again, ruining a perfect moment. Violet finally looked up at her friends, and could see the tears forming in Kie's eyes.

"Why didn't you say something, Vi. Jesus Christ. I'm so sorry." Kie said and jumped at Violet hugging her close, Sarah quickly joining them. Violet smiled in the hug and shook herself off from the negative thoughts again and let out a nervous giggle.

"It's okay. I'm okay. Let's go back to the boys. This day was not supposed to be about me."

"This day is about all of us, okay?" Sarah said and kissed her forehead. The trio hugged each other one more time and each of them grabbed a watermelon and started their journey back to the boat. The guys were talking about something but quickly stopped when they saw them.

"What y'all talking about?" Sarah asked and looked at John B.

"Fishing."

"Dropping lures." JJ said and looked at Vi, she showed him the watermelon and smiled at him.

"Can you." She started and he had already grabbed the watermelon.

"Goodness gracious." He said and started slapping it with a smile on his face, she ruffled his hair and he looked at her with a smile and with one of his eye squinted. She smiled at him and felt his hand on her lower waist for a second but he dropped it down again.

"What's that now?" Pope asked and Kie looked at him with a childish smile on her face.

"We brought breakfast!" She told them with excitment.

The boys started the boat and they made their way towards the Cheateau. The boat ride was filled with laughs and jokes and it was amazing. Violet felt at home.

"There she is." JJ said and they looked at John who looked like the nostalgia was finally kicking in. They unloaded to boat and walked up into the little dock.

"Welcome home, guys."

"Well I gotta be honest, I'm not exactly looking forward to check-in at home. My parents have probably arranged my funeral."

"Yeah there will also be some unpleasantries at the Heyward's residence, since I left the truck in Charleston." Violet was not sure how her father was going to react also, but she had been updating him, and has been telling him everything that has been happening, so he probably wouldn't be that mad, that the 5 hour 'school' trip they took for Pope's essay, took at least 48.

"No one knows we're here right? And you two won't get into any more trouble for showing up 12 hours later." Kie and Pope looked at each other. "Am I right or am I right?"

"You are not wrong."

"So why don't we have a little pogue fellowship huh?"

"Let the shit hit the fan tomorrow." John B laughed and nodded his head at his own remark.

"The cops could be looking for us, this could be pretty stupid." JJ clapped and started walking towards her.

"Sarah Cameron. You've heard of my philosophy, right?" Sarah shook her head 'no'.

"Bed decisions have good outcomes all of the time." JJ said and everyone besides Sarah said the words with him. "Who's with me? Let's get some beer." He started walking towards the house and everyone followed. Laughing their asses off. The group changed their clothes at the Cheateau and took the boat for a ride once again to the shops, Violet and JJ were laughing as they walked towards the boat, with the beers in their hands, what they didn't know was that someone was looking at them from the shadows, and that someone was not the best someone to see them.